- Assistant Production Manager - HDK
- Charleston, TN
- Mar 17, 2017
Assistant Production Manager - HDK
This position reports to the Plant Manager - HDK. The purpose of the job is to ensure that the plant's products from both Reaction and Packaging are manufactured in such a way as to satisfy corporate targets and goals, taking into account all aspects of occupational safety, environment protection and production quality, through appropriate use of technical, organizational and human resources. The job holder shall give due consideration to the needs and potential of the corresponding departments, observe internal company regulations (e.g., corporate policies concerning quality, safety and the environment) and strategic division targets, as well as all prevailing industry standards and regulations.
- Plan, regulate and coordinate production process in the area of responsibility (HDK operations).
- Ensure the planned production targets are fulfilled at the required level of quality.
- Continuously monitor workflows to identify areas for potential rationalization; making suggestions for potential process changes.
- Ensures product availability.
- Responsible for the raw material and utility supply.
- Provide economical and reliable inventory management.
- Monitor and optimize production plant’s reliability and capacities.
- Deputy to the Plant Manager in his/her absence.
- Manage team members and initiate necessary qualification measures; ensures team members are adequately trained according to compliance regulations.
- Create monthly production reports.
- Provide constant training qualification and motivation of staff.
- Perform duties of training coordinator.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Able to perform and succeed in an environment of schedule and cost pressure.
- Capable of professionally dealing with changing priorities and requirements.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience in systematic process and quality control.
- Experience in team work/team leading.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with business management practices.
- Knowledge of regulations, instructions and technical guidelines for industrial chemical plants in the US.
Experience and Education:
- 3+ years of professional experience in silicon technology, ideally in production, and experience in customer interface functions (quality / delivery service or similar).
- Strong chemical background.
- Project and commissioning experience in a chemical plant environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with relevant professional experience in Chemistry, Physics, Process Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Plant activities are performed mainly in an office environment but also require presence in the field (Manufacturing plant and/or construction site).
- Location for this position is the WACKER site in Charleston, TN. However, business travel to WACKER’s site in Burghausen, Germany and/or to other WACKER sites may be required if deemed necessary to become familiar with projects(s) specifics, WACKER tools and processes and to integrate with the WACKER team.
- Due to schedule milestone requirements nonstandard work schedule such as nights, holidays and/or weekends may be required.
- Initial training will require an estimated 3-6 months of training in Germany.
- Candidate must pass a pulmonary function test to be capable of wearing an air purifying respirator, if required.
- Protective personal equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties (hard hats, safety glasses, hearing protection, dust masks, gloves, etc.).
- Frequent standing, walking, and sitting.
More search results
Faculty Position Openings
School of chemistry and chemical engineering, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Faculty Positions at the College of Chemistry & C…
Scientific Manager/Group Leader, Biologics Sample…
Two-year Visiting Assistant Professor, Organic Ch…
The College of Wooster