The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB), a non-profit scientific society, is seeking a Science Communicator at their offices in Rockville, Maryland. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Creating content (blog posts, tweets, social media posts, summaries, articles, tip sheets, press releases) to drive interest in discoveries published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry (JBC).
• Working with senior staff and scientific editors to curate content for the JBC website and marketing materials (homepage headlines, fliers, and brochures for conferences, virtual issues, events and webinars, etc.).
• Promoting news, interviews and feature stories to mainstream, trade and specialty media outlets.
• Providing science writing, editing, proofreading and other support for ongoing special projects and in a backup capacity.
• Writing special correspondence to authors, board members and editors.
• Writing, collecting and editing content for JBC editorial board newsletter.
Education: Master’s degree in Biological Sciences, required. Ph.D. preferred
Experience: At least two years of science journalism or science communications experience (including internships), preferably with a focus on the life sciences. 1+ years’ experience writing for various formats with a foundational understanding of best practices in generating web content (SEO, blogging, etc.) and building audiences. Email marketing and content management experience preferred.
Skills: Verbal/Written Communication, English Grammar/Spelling, Interpersonal Skills, Organizational Skills, Ability to Meet Deadlines, Attention to Detail, Social Media Platforms
How to apply: To view a detailed job description and to apply, please visit our website at: http://www.faseb.org/Employment, You must send a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume.
For more information about ASBMB, please visit: www.asbmb.org
More search results
Senior Scientist Position (Synthetic Organic Chem…
Clear Scientific, LLC.
Project Leader (Senior Medicinal Chemist)
Global Health Drug Discovery Institute
Western Hemisphere Regulatory Specialist
Custom Organic Synthesis / Peptide Chemist
Professor and Director, Center for Renewable Carb…
University of Tennessee