The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB), a non-profit scientific society, is seeking a Science Communicator at their offices in Rockville, Maryland. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Creating content (blog posts, tweets, social media posts, summaries, articles, tip sheets, press releases) to drive interest in discoveries published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry (JBC).
• Working with senior staff and scientific editors to curate content for the JBC website and marketing materials (homepage headlines, fliers, and brochures for conferences, virtual issues, events and webinars, etc.).
• Promoting news, interviews and feature stories to mainstream, trade and specialty media outlets.
• Providing science writing, editing, proofreading and other support for ongoing special projects and in a backup capacity.
• Writing special correspondence to authors, board members and editors.
• Writing, collecting and editing content for JBC editorial board newsletter.
Education: Master’s degree in Biological Sciences, required. Ph.D. preferred
Experience: At least two years of science journalism or science communications experience (including internships), preferably with a focus on the life sciences. 1+ years’ experience writing for various formats with a foundational understanding of best practices in generating web content (SEO, blogging, etc.) and building audiences. Email marketing and content management experience preferred.
Skills: Verbal/Written Communication, English Grammar/Spelling, Interpersonal Skills, Organizational Skills, Ability to Meet Deadlines, Attention to Detail, Social Media Platforms
How to apply: To view a detailed job description and to apply, please visit our website at: http://www.faseb.org/Employment, You must send a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume.
For more information about ASBMB, please visit: www.asbmb.org
More search results
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
CHAIR OF CHEMISTRY
Faculty Position Openings
School of chemistry and chemical engineering, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Faculty Positions at the College of Chemistry & C…