Environmental Fate Field Scientist II
The primary responsibilities of this role, Environmental Fate Field Scientist ll, are to:
- Act as GLP study director or principal investigator for a range of environmental fate studies (lab and field) as guided by regulatory study guidelines, with a focus on environmental field studies such as terrestrial field dissipation, spray drift, runoff, surface/groundwater monitoring;
- Lead the internal study design process and ensure compliance with regulatory standards. Solve day to day problems in study conduct thereby ensuring that studies progress to required deadlines;
- Perform environmental and dietary field studies as required by Environmental Safety management, including studies that require substantial time in the field. Study focus is on the fate and transport of agricultural products in the environment;
- Manage and support experienced research companies under contract;
- Accurately assess and forecast the time and resources needed to complete the assigned studies and projects. Write, review, and develop improvements in study protocols that will satisfactorily achieve specific regulatory and business objectives. Evaluate new techniques and procedures in the area of agrochemical testing. Make recommendations as to their adoption into Environmental Safety (EnSa) programs as appropriate;
- Manage and evaluate complex study data and author detailed study reports in compliance with regulatory standards;
- Ensure reports and other documents prepared for internal or external distribution are clear, concise and exceptionally well written with regard to conclusions drawn and English grammar;
- Ensure that emerging technical information is shared with other functions in Environmental Safety (EnSa) and R&D. Be an active participant in the EnSa Technical Team process for area of expertise;
- Represent the Environmental Safety function internally within Bayer Crop Science (BCS) or represent BCS externally at industry meetings or at discussions with regulatory agencies;
- Travel: 10 – 25%.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. in a relevant field of study, with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience; Or M.S. in a relevant field of study, with a minimum of 6 years relevant experience; Or B.S. in a relevant field of study, with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience;
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Excellent organization skills with regard to the collection, presentation, and archive of experimental data;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- An ability to train less experienced scientists, mentor and develop junior staff, and promote team based approaches to BCS development programs.
- Background in Hydrology and Chemistry.
More search results
Senior Scientist Position (Synthetic Organic Chem…
Clear Scientific, LLC.
Project Leader (Senior Medicinal Chemist)
Global Health Drug Discovery Institute
Western Hemisphere Regulatory Specialist
Custom Organic Synthesis / Peptide Chemist
Professor and Director, Center for Renewable Carb…
University of Tennessee