There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment. You'll have the opportunity to improve the lives of students, our community and ultimately, our world. So if you are looking for more than just a job, then we are looking for you.
Responsible for managing the operations of assigned campus laboratories in more than one academic discipline. Provides instructional assistance in laboratories and classrooms in direct support of instructional programs. May involve considerable student and instructor contact.
Essential Job Functions
1. Oversee day to day operations of assigned laboratories for more than one academic discipline.
2. Plan, develop, organize and coordinate activities to support implementation and set up of specified instructional programs and labs.
3. Coordinate and participate in the set-up of laboratory materials, equipment and other applicable items in support of lab exercises.
4. Hire, schedule, evaluate and supervise full and Staff Instructional Lab Supervisor, Instructional Lab Assistant Senior, Instructional Lab Assistant, lab assistants and aides. Approve timesheets for payroll processing.
5. Plan, organize, and coordinate the purchase, upgrade and implementation of new equipment and materials. Recommend, assess, acquire quotes and negotiate purchase of equipment and materials.
6. Oversee collection of information for departmental and program assessment projects.
7. Oversee implementation of safety and security procedures and proper hazardous waste disposal.
8. Provide support and expertise to faculty, staff, and administration when needed.
9. Ensures that college-wide policies and procedures are correctly implemented throughout the assigned departments.
10. Serves as the Labs Purchasing Agent for the department/division.
11. Provides budget development, tracking, and reporting for all lab-related expenditures.
12. Maintains inventory and proper storage of all equipment.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related field.
2. Laboratory and supervisory experience.
3. Teaching experience if the position holder will teach credit-earning courses.
4. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
5. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.Manager
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of the academic discipline assigned.
2. Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of the laboratory operations in the area of assignment.
3. Knowledge of the operation and proper and safe use of a variety of tools, equipment, hardware and software.
4. Ability to communicate effectively orally, in writing, and in front of groups.
5. Ability to deal effectively with students, faculty and supervisors.
6. Ability to teach effectively.
7. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
To learn more about Valencia’s Total Rewards package, which features free medical and dental benefits, professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more, click here
Location: Orlando, FL 32832 - Lake Nona Campus
Availability: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, occasional evenings as needed.
Salary: $47,722 - $55,477
More search results
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
CHAIR OF CHEMISTRY
Faculty Position Openings
School of chemistry and chemical engineering, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Faculty Positions at the College of Chemistry & C…