Sr. Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Job Description (Sr. Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry)
We are seeking creative, enthusiastic, and highly motivated medicinal chemist to join Dr. Stanley Hazen’s Research group based in the Lerner Research Institute at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, OH. As part of a medicinal chemistry team, the successful applicants will contribute through innovative synthetic chemistry to the delivery of clinical candidates aligned against each project strategy. The candidate is expected to have experience in lead optimization, SAR analysis and drug design. He/she will actively participate in all aspects of drug discovery programs and is expected to have excellent understanding of in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics principles, ADME concepts, exploratory safety, and preclinical issues.
- Execution of synthesis and purification to SOP standards of compounds for drug discovery projects
- Characterization and identification of compounds using modern analytical methods including, but not limited to, HPLC, LCMS, NMR.
- Works independently and/or under supervision of scientific directors to identify and validate targets, advance the development of economical, state-of-the art techniques to develop, produce and/or characterize new compounds for the discovery and development of new therapeutic agents.
- Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- This position will report to Dr. Stanley Hazen and may have direct reports.
- Ph.D. in Organic OR Medicinal Chemistry
- 5 plus years of experience in Pharma or Biotech conducting drug discovery
- Broad medicinal chemistry experience from hit identification, lead generation, lead optimization
- Deep understanding of molecular properties and DMPK concepts to the discovery of high quality molecules
- Expert in design, synthesis, and purification of small molecule drugs
- Develop scalable routes of preclinical candidates.
- Expertise in ADME/PK, pharmacology and computational chemistry
- Strong knowledge of techniques related to purification and characterization of organic compounds.
- Record of scientific innovation and success in delivering clinical candidates
- Effective communication and leadership skills; must be able to interact effectively within a multidisciplinary team of colleagues.
- Previous experience in mentoring and development of junior scientists or students is a plus.
- Knowledge of IP-related issues
Please send a current Curriculum Vitae to Ms. Magdalene Acker, firstname.lastname@example.org, 216-445-1937
- Additional info: Med Chem Advert_1-25-17 (3) (206kb)