- Scientist II/Senior Scientist Medicinal Chemist- (Gaithersburg, MD)
- Gaithersburg, MD
- Mar 25, 2017
Scientist II/Senior Scientist Medicinal Chemist- (Gaithersburg, MD)
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Scientist II/Senior Scientist Medicinal Chemist in Gaithersburg, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
We are current seeking a highly innovative and experienced medicinal chemist for a Scientist II or Senior Scientist position within the Department of Antibody Discovery and Protein Engineering. The main duties for this position are to build the next generation of antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) to address the key challenges associated with ADCs and responsible for conceiving and designing all future payload development, in particular, related to tubulysins. In addition, you will be working in a multidisciplinary matrix environment to conduct research in chemistry-biology interface in order to use the power of chemistry to address a range of key challenges/problems in biology, including ADCs for improved therapeutic index and bispecific antibodies for enhanced efficiency. You will be also expected the hands-on execution of experiments on the bench and the external collaboration with CROs for chemical synthesis.
- Extensive experience and in-depth knowledge in antibody drug conjugates and linker/drug design as evidenced by strong publication record.
- Demonstrate hands-on technical proficiency, complex molecule design and synthesis, and analytical characterization using HPLC, MS, NMR, and biophysical methods
- Proven ability to work efficiently and productively in a highly dynamic team environment
- Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong motivation, attention to detail, ability to think independently, and strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, or relevant scientific discipline
- Scientist II: Ph.D. with 5+ years of post-doctoral relevant experience
- Senior Scientist: Ph.D. with 8+ years of post-doctoral relevant experience.
- Demonstrate success in new technology initiatives as evidenced by patent publications.
- Broad knowledge and experience of toxin classes used for antibody drug conjugates.
- Previous experience in bioconjugation and the preparation of complex products.
- Demonstrate independent thought and ability to effectively collaborate with others.
- Ability to work well in a matrix structure and fit in with a fast-paced collaborative environment.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply at link: https://astrazeneca.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/MedImmune-Careers/job/US---Gaithersburg---MD/Scientist-II-Senior-Scientist--Medicinal-Chemist---Gaithersburg--MD-_R-002452-1
More search results
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
CHAIR OF CHEMISTRY
Faculty Position Openings
School of chemistry and chemical engineering, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Faculty Positions at the College of Chemistry & C…