- Postdoctoral Scientist, Chemical Biology
- Johnson & Johnson
- Spring House, Pennsylvania, United States, 19477
- Mar 29, 2017
Postdoctoral Scientist, Chemical Biology
Postdoctoral Scientist, Chemical Biology(Job Number:7772160615)
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for Postdoctoral Scientist, Chemical Biology to join our Lead Discovery and the Discovery Sciences (DS) Team, located in Spring House, PA. The term of this postdoctoral assignment will be 2 years.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The new Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D, and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular pharmacology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding postdoctoral scientist to further our understanding of membrane transporters.
We are seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Scientist to join our group at Janssen. The Postdoctoral Scientist will:
- Collaborate with a highly multidisciplinary group of scientists in chemical biology, enzymology/biochemistry, medicinal chemistry, structural biology, mass spectrometry, and proteomics for the progression of projects.
- Be a key member of the Chemical Biology group, and provide chemical biology support and expertise to drug discovery programs from target nomination through declaration of a clinical candidate.
- Report to a senior member of the Molecular & Cellular Pharmacology Group, and be based in Spring House, PA.
- Be expected and highly encouraged to publish in peer reviewed journals and present at external conferences.
- A minimum of a Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D.) is required in a relevant discipline such as chemical biology, chemistry, biochemistry, enzymology, or related field.
- Strong record of publications
- Experience in chemical biology studies including covalent or photoaffinity probe labeling of proteins, characterization and purification of probe-labeled proteins
- Working knowledge in activity-based probes and application of activity-based protein profiling
- Ability to collaborate with scientists in multiple disciplines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in mass spectrometry and proteomics is desired.
- Quantitative analytical skills
- Expert in standard chemical biology techniques is preferred
- Able to work in Spring House, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Primary Location: North America, United States, Pennsylvania
Organization: Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C.
Job Function: Postdoctoral
Primary Location: North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Organization: Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Job Function: Administration