We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
The position requires knowledge and understanding of global chemical-control regulatory requirements as it relates to the manufacture, distribution and sale of chemical products in the Western hemisphere. The successful applicant will provide regulatory support and expertise to internal and external parties to facilitate the sale of chemicals and biocidal products. This work includes registration and reporting requirements as outlined under U.S. TSCA, FIFRA, CEPA, PMRA, GHS, U.S. Coast Guard (International Maritime Law) and other chemical and biocide regulations in the region.
The successful applicant will work as part of a global Product Stewardship group. They will work with various business partners to develop compliance strategies, and prepare regulatory submissions for the use of existing and new chemicals and biocides according to jurisdictional requirements. The applicant will complete regional inventory reports, assist in SDS creation, create documents to protect confidential business information and ensure chemical products are in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As part of a Global Product Stewardship Team, advise business partners and R&D teams on country requirements for new and existing products.
- Monitors, interprets, and communicates regulatory issues that will impact products and business strategies.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with various regulatory authorities.
- Leads and participates in teams to develop, implement, document and improve work processes, procedures, and practices.
- Based on business need, conducts and documents substance level compliance assessments for the sale, distribution and use of chemical products within a jurisdiction.
- With input from operations and Toxicologists, creates chemical and biocidal dossiers for registration with appropriate governmental agency.
- Completes timely governmental reporting as it relates to chemical and biocide use for US, Canada and Offshore Authorities.
- Submits documentation to protect company confidential business information, as needed.
- Supports internal and external audits as they relate to Product Stewardship activities.
- Authors regional SDSs based on jurisdictional requirements, as needed.
- Coordinates with regulatory agencies and 3rd party consulting firms to facilitate successful registration of products.
- Assists business by supplying customer required data and compliance certifications.
- Partners with Legal team and business units, as needed, to develop regulatory strategies and address regulatory questions or concerns.
- Assists EHS colleagues and supports activities as necessary in all EHS areas including SDS creation, Chemical Hazard Assessment, Product Stewardship, Toxicology, and Product Compliance.
- B.S. degree in a relevant field such as Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Bio-Chemistry or related technical field
- Strong chemistry background AND general knowledge of chemical manufacturing
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant Product Regulatory work experience
- Must have working knowledge of GHS hazard classification, preferably within the Western hemisphere
- FIFRA, SNUR (Significant New Use Rules) and PMN (Pre-Manufacture Notification) experience preferred
- 7+ years of experience in Global Chemical Regulatory Affairs or Product Stewardship role in chemical or petroleum industry
- Proficiency with Excel
- Previous experience with SAP and WERCs
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 22546
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: HSE
Full Time / Part Time: Full-time
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
More search results
Project Leader (Senior Medicinal Chemist)
Global Health Drug Discovery Institute
Custom Organic Synthesis / Peptide Chemist
Teaching Post-Doctoral Fellowship
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Biotech Reporter, C&EN
American Chemical Society
Visiting Instructor/Assistant Professor of Chemis…