Organic Chemistry Lab Manager
Organic Chemistry Lab Manager (K0224230) in the Kansas Health & Environment Laboratories
Kansas Department of Health and Environment is seeking a talented, dynamic individual to manage the Organic Chemistry Unit. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a natural science field. Management and instrument analysis experience preferred.
Supervise and provide technical leadership for research and development of methodology for analysis of environmental samples. Implement that methodology to be performed by the staff within the Organic Chemistry Unit including training and technical assistance. The Organic Chemistry unit is comprised of the organic and environmental microbiology labs. Monitor work, assign duties, and review staff performance to ensure timely accurate results. Evaluate performance of personnel and participate in the recruitment, interview, and selection process for employees under the direct supervision of this position. Provide consultation with the programs supported by the Organic Chemistry Unit to ensure that their specific needs are met by these changes. Participate in the development of special projects to maintain the interest of technical staff when necessary.
Bachelor of Science degree in a natural science discipline.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry
• Master’s degree in Chemistry
• Ph.D. in Chemistry
• Minimum of two years of experience in planning, organizing and directing the work of a department, program or agency.
• Analytical instrumentation and analysis experience.
• Five years management and laboratory staff supervision experience.
• Inorganic and organic environmental analysis for public water supply samples experience a plus.
• Two years of supervisory experience
• GC, GC-MS, GC-ECD, GC-NPD
• ICP, ICP-MS, ICP-OES
• CVAA, TOC Analyzer, Quattro Analyzer
• Liquid & Solid Phase Extractors, Turbo Vap Concentrator
• Analytical Instrument Control Software
• Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
• Proofreading, editing, attention to detail
$25.68 hourly; can vary depending upon experience and qualifications.
More search results
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
CHAIR OF CHEMISTRY
Faculty Position Openings
School of chemistry and chemical engineering, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Faculty Positions at the College of Chemistry & C…