Senior Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Nurix, Inc. is a science-focused and goal-oriented organization that is committed to bringing novel, first-in-class therapies to patients. Nurix is a leader in discovering a new class of drugs that work by modulating the ubiquitin proteasome system (UPS). The UPS is a regulatory network that controls protein stabilization and degradation – a function vital to the healthy life of a cell – offering therapeutic opportunities in multiple disease areas. The Nurix scientific team has established an innovative drug discovery platform to identify selective inhibitors or activators of the UPS, enabling the development of new class of drugs that can restore normal cellular homeostasis. Nurix was founded by internationally-recognized experts in the UPS field and received its initial funding from leading life science investors, Third Rock Ventures and The Column Group. The Company recently entered into a multi-year strategic collaboration with Celgene for the discovery and development of next-generation therapies targeting protein homeostasis in oncology, immunology and inflammation, including the rapidly evolving field of immuno-oncology. Nurix is based in San Francisco, California.
About the Position
We are seeking talented and highly motivated individuals with a strong background in synthetic organic chemistry to join our medicinal chemistry group in the pursuit of novel small molecules to treat patients with unmet medical needs. The successful candidate will engage in rational structure based drug discovery enabled by our computational and structural biology group. Specifically, this individual will design and synthesize novel chemical entities optimized for potency, selectivity, pharmacokinetics and in vivo efficacy. As members of a dynamic multi-disciplinary project team, this person will collaborate with a broad group of scientists within Nurix and with external collaborators. Additionally, they will contribute effectively to patent, report and scientific publication writing.
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry with 8+ years pharmaceutical medicinal chemistry industrial experience
- Successful application of structure based drug design leading to advanced leads/ development candidates. Strong working knowledge of protein-ligand interactions, conformational and structural analysis, experienced in partnering closely with computational chemists through appropriate use of computational tools, models and visualization applications.
- High level of creativity and productivity with strong synthetic problem solving skills
- Excellent scientific expertise in organic synthesis, conversant with the current literature
- Ability to champion the chemistry efforts into new directions to achieve project milestones.
- Solid track record of innovation and impact on programs, with direct contributions to company pipelines (including both successful advances and smart terminations).
- Proven leadership capability in cross-functional team setting, either as project team leader or co-lead.
- Strong evidence of conceptual thinking and active follow through, recognized by establishing new projects or new directions within projects, new strategies and/or enabling technologies for drug discovery. Vigorous scientific curiosity evidenced by contributions to diverse medicinal chemistry strategies.
- Ability to make inventive contributions towards new chemical target structures or templates for programs, and employ sound judgment in the evaluation and strategic decision making around early screening or literature hits.
- Excellent knowledge of medicinal chemistry principles with a solid understanding of the basic biology and pharmacology of programs, the ADME issues, and series SAR. Able to effectively integrate this knowledge and apply the key principles of medicinal chemistry, literature precedent, and drug design to direct medicinal chemistry programs to phase transitions or series go/no go decisions
- Strong skills in gathering, documenting, and analyzing information from competitive sources such as patents and meetings and using this information to guide program strategy
- Excellent communication skills and able to present the rationale, key data, issues and accomplishments of the chemistry efforts to other members of the department
Please apply to http://www.nurix-inc.com/careers/and include a two-page research summary that highlights the above required qualifications.
More search results
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
CHAIR OF CHEMISTRY
Faculty Position Openings
School of chemistry and chemical engineering, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Faculty Positions at the College of Chemistry & C…