- Project Leader (Senior Medicinal Chemist)
- Global Health Drug Discovery Institute
- Haidian District, Beijing, China
- May 12, 2017
Project Leader (Senior Medicinal Chemist)
We are seeking talented scientists, staff, experienced management, and operations coordinators to join us! We provide career opportunities for motivated, creative individuals who share GHDDI’s vision and are committed to making a difference in science and global health. For more career opportunities please click here. If you are interested in working at GHDDI please contact us at email@example.com.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the medicinal chemistry activities of one or more small-molecule drug discovery projects at target validation, hit to lead or lead optimization stages
- Work together with core team members across multiple disciplines to design and implement project strategies for the advancement of projects leading to the identification of high-quality preclinical candidates
- Independently design biologically active molecules and conduct SAR studies to meet the project goals; design synthetic routes and lead the internal or external chemistry team in the synthesis and characterization of drug candidates for the projects.
- Work with computational chemistry group to develop structure-based target molecules for projects
- Proactively communicate project strategy, critical issues and recommendations to enable appropriate resource decisions
- Provide supervision, scientific mentorship and technical training of the team members.
- Maintain excellent communication across internal and external team members.
1. Ph.D. in chemistry or related discipline
2. A minimum of five years of experience in medicinal chemistry required; candidates with demonstrable hands-on small molecule drug discovery and pre-clinical development experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry highly desired.
3. Strong track record of individual and team-level contributions to the discovery and pre-clinical development of small molecule clinical candidates supported with high impact publications, oral presentations and patent applications
4. Excellent background and expertise in organic chemistry with a high level of synthetic skill including novel route design is essential.
5. Demonstrated project leadership experience in leading all stages of small molecule drug discovery with the ability to define strategy and critical decision making.
6. Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with members of the research and management teams in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment.
7. Experience in leading and collaborating with chemistry teams from CROs is a plus but not required
The Global Health Drug Discovery Institute (GHDDI) in Beijing is jointly founded by Tsinghua University, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and the Beijing Municipal Government. We aim to build a transformative drug discovery and translational platform with advanced biomedical research and development capabilities. We are an independent, non-profit institute with a broad interest in addressing global health concerns, regardless of financial incentives, and intend to focus our efforts on tackling the world’s most pressing disease challenges faced by many developing countries.
We are offering multiple positions in chemistry and biology at all levels as well as management and operation staff. We welcome motivated, creative individuals who share GHDDI’s vision and wish to make a difference in science and global health to join us! For career opportunities please click here. If you are interested in working at GHDDI please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
More search results
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
CHAIR OF CHEMISTRY
Faculty Position Openings
School of chemistry and chemical engineering, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Faculty Positions at the College of Chemistry & C…