- Visiting Instructor in Chemistry
- University of Puget Sound
- Tacoma, WA
- Apr 12, 2017
University of Puget Sound
Visiting Instructor in Chemistry
Job ID: 3347
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Appointment: The Chemistry department at the University of Puget Sound invites applications for a one year Visiting Instructor to begin Fall term 2017.
Teaching: Teaching duties include four sections of chemistry laboratories each semester.
Laboratory Support: Support duties include the preparation of reagents and the setup of equipment for the general chemistry laboratories in the fall semester and the general and analytical chemistry labs in the spring.
Other: Attend weekly departmental meeting and weekly meeting with the other General Chemistry instructors.
Qualifications: A master's degree in chemistry or a closely related field and a commitment to liberal arts education are required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Rank: Visiting Instructor
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices--services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/.
About Puget Sound: The University of Puget Sound is located in Tacoma, Washington, a vibrant, diverse mid-sized urban port city. Within, and near, Tacoma there is ready access to urban, rural, and natural areas as well as opportunities to participate in a wide variety of cultural activities.
Application Deadline: Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified. Interested individuals are encouraged to submit application materials no later than March 31st, 2017 to ensure consideration.
Please submit curriculum vitae (CV) when prompted to submit resume. Additional documents can be attached within the application before submission. Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Teaching statement
- Diversity Statement
- Unofficial transcripts (undergraduate and graduate)
- Three (3) letters of reference. You will be asked to specify the email address of the reference providers at the time of application and the system will email these providers on the next business day.
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
- We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
- We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Senior Scientist Position (Synthetic Organic Chem…
Clear Scientific, LLC.
Project Leader (Senior Medicinal Chemist)
Global Health Drug Discovery Institute
Western Hemisphere Regulatory Specialist
Custom Organic Synthesis / Peptide Chemist
Professor and Director, Center for Renewable Carb…
University of Tennessee