- Business Development Manager - Process Chromatography Media Sales Specialist
- Tosoh Bioscience, LLC
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Salary + Omission
- May 19, 2017
Business Development Manager - Process Chromatography Media Sales Specialist
Tosoh Bioscience LLC, headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, is a member of The Tosoh Group, a Japan-based global company. Tosoh Bioscience markets company-manufactured, pre-packed chromatography columns and bulk media, for the analysis and purification of multi-component mixtures for research, quality control and manufacturing in North America and South America.
Business Development Manager (BDM)
Process Chromatography Media Sales Specialist
The responsibility of the Business Development Manager (DBM) for Process Chromatography is to sell bulk chromatography media for product purification to customers in the Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology industries within a specific territory and help increase sales revenues in the assigned territory.
To achieve this goal, the Media Specialist will visit customers, get to know them, understand their purification challenges and offer solutions. The BDM will provide after-sales support, educate the customers on new products and applications.
- Bachelor of Science, Degree in Engineering or Life Sciences with 3-5 plus years sales experience in the biopharmaceutical area or equivalent industry background.
- Demonstrate effective negotiation skills and have a good understanding of the basic concepts involved in a sales process. Previous formal sales training a plus.
- Display an understanding of various chromatography modes of operation and how they function.
- Poses strong communication and interpersonal skills, be assertive with customers to drive sales, self-motivated and self-disciplined to perform the job effectively while working remotely.
- Have a working understanding of the Bio-Pharmaceutical purification industry across various biotechnology disciplines
- Poses the ability to identify, establish and maintain strong relationships with potential customers: scientists, senior management and purchasing groups. Candidates must have the ability to influence and sell to all levels within an organization.
- Presentation skills.
- Fluent English communication skills required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- The ability to get along and succeed in a team environment.
- Continue our sales growth . Establish Tosoh's biotech process business by supporting existing customers and develop new customers in the assigned territory.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual Sales targets assigned by Management. Sales targets are achieved thorugh direct sales activities and by working closely with Marketing, Technical Support, Customer Service, and our Management team.
- Be able to develop and execute a sales strategy and a sales call pattern for the territory with key companies and customers.
- Present and demonstrate the value propositions of Tosoh process products to our customers. Position Tosoh's process chromatography products with R&D, Process Development and Manufacturing personnel and their management.
- Organize presentations within your territory.
- Promptly provide information, advice customers and follow-up on all leads.
- Report and communicate all business opportunities, solutions, ideas and competitive situations to Management via frequent communication and through monthly reports.
- Maintain and update our customer database with current information. .
- Provide a sales forecast.
- Attend company meetings, conferences and training as directed by Sales Management. Travel as needed.
Tosoh Bioscience LLC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disability.
More search results
Research Materials Coordinator
Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center
Visiting Assistant Professor of Organic Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Visiting Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Visiting Assistant Professor in General Chemistry…
Water Quality Lab Specialist