- Research Associate, Polymer Fluids Development
- Flotek Chemistry
- Houston, TX
- May 27, 2017
Research Associate, Polymer Fluids Development
The Research Associate will conduct research to develop stimulation polymer fluid systems and related technologies for the upstream oil and gas industry. This position effectively conducts literature searches on relevant topics to formulate new ideas, develops useful chemical formulations, synthesizes and tests chemical product performance, develops new products, publishes patents and scientific articles and effectively communicates with knowledgeable scientists.
- Research and develop new technologies and products aligned with the functions and goals of the organization.
- Define and execute the activities necessary to achieve technical success.
- Extrapolate data in the development of theories that will elucidate scientific phenomena.
- Apply new scientific methods to design and execute experiments that can provide meaningful data.
- Effectively research and analyze patents and related technical literature.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend relevant instrumentation or contract-based services.
- Attend conferences relevant to the formulation of new ideas in the chemical field.
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
This position is mostly in an office environment with occasional time spent in the laboratory.
This is largely a sedentary role. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with business hours of 8:00AM to 5:00PM Monday through Friday.
This position requires up to 10% travel.
Required Education and Experience
- Must have demonstrated proficiency as a Senior Research Chemist or Technical Support Chemist.
- Exhibit expertise in chemistry relevant to oilfield applications and expert in chosen technical area.
- Ph.D. in chemistry or other scientific related field with 5-10 years of experience.
- B.S. in chemistry or related field with 10-12 years of experience.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time
Benefits to the Flotek Team
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Medical and Dependent Care
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Long Term Care Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement Benefits: 401K and Roth Savings Plans
- Employee Assistant Program
Flotek Industries is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
More search results
Sales & BD Mgrs/Directors/VPs in Building Blocks,…
PharmaBlock Sciences (Nanjing), Inc.
Group Leader/Principal Scientist - Surface and Po…
Saint-Gobain Innovative Materials
Director of Process Engineering Research; Chemica…
Cambrex High Point
Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Targeted Drug De…
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine