Regional Market Manager
WHO WE ARE
Biotage is a global technology-based company that offers a broad range of instrumentation, consumable products, and technical expertise in the areas of Analytical Sample Preparation and Synthetic Organic Chemistry. Customers include research scientists at pharmaceutical and biotech companies, food and agriculture, personal care, fine chemical companies and scientists at major academic and government life science research centers.
We are seeking a Regional Market Manager for the NA Organic & Peptide Chemistry organization. The Regional Market Manager is responsible for developing marketing strategies and programs for commercial success of assigned areas of chemistry and product lines within assigned market segments, in North and Latin America, in line with the global strategy and product line business plans. The RMM drives local marketing initiatives to achieve business growth and diversification of the Company’s Organic and Peptide Chemistry business. This position reports to the Marketing Manager, Organic & Peptide Synthesis Chemistry.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining current estimates on market size, market segmentation, and trends for North and Latin America for assigned markets and products.
- Review and analysis of sales trends for determination of opportunities and problems.
- Continuous monitoring of competitive landscape (including knowledge of competitors, competitive products, positioning, pricing and competitive activities in North and Latin America). Partner with Global Product Management and Regional Marketing & Sales to ensure a strong value proposition with clearly defined advantages.
- Accountable for ensuring the regional sales organization has strong space and product knowledge (Biotage and its competitors). Responsible for developing and maintaining training materials and executing training activities for assigned product and market segments.
- Responsible for organizing and executing regional product launches and implementation and monitoring of marketing initiatives within assigned market segments and/or product lines.
- Accountable for ongoing product improvement; work closely with Product Managers and R&D in the development of specifications and business cases for current and new product offerings within assigned market segments and/or product lines.
- Accountable for the development and execution of local marketing strategies for assigned markets and products.
- Responsible for the analysis and reporting of successful efforts and business development as well as issues and barriers to growth for assigned market segments and/or product lines
- Accountable for ensuring quick and effective resolution of product quality issues through regional and global product care for assigned products.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Requires thorough understanding of fields of organic chemistry small molecule synthesis, separation science, natural products, evaporation, and peptide synthesis.
- Strong understanding of trends in current marketing communication tools such as social media, blogs and marketing automation.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong PC skills and proficiency with MS Office products.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Education and Experience
- Advanced degree in organic chemistry with MBA preferred.
- 5+ years relevant Marketing and/or Sales experience in the life science tools industry with direct experience in Pharmaceutical/CRO, Academic, and Chemical market segments or hands-on work as an organic synthetic chemist within the pharmaceutical/CRO market space.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Travel required for attendance at periodic sales meetings, trade shows, occasional customer visits and/or other special events 30-50%).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Biotage welcomes ideas and the changes they bring; we treat each other with dignity and respect. Come join our dedicated, friendly team and enjoy competitive wages and superb benefits. Interested candidates click here to apply, or go to the following URL:
Biotage is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and local governing bodies and agencies.
More search results
Director, Analytical Development
Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Sales & BD Mgrs/Directors/VPs in Building Blocks,…
PharmaBlock Sciences (Nanjing), Inc.
Group Leader/Principal Scientist - Surface and Po…
Saint-Gobain Innovative Materials
Director of Process Engineering Research; Chemica…
Cambrex High Point
Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Targeted Drug De…