- Technical Service Specialist - Process Chromatography
- Tosoh Bioscience, LLC.
- King of Prussia, PA
- May 28, 2017
Technical Service Specialist - Process Chromatography
Tosoh Bioscience LLC, headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, is a member of The Tosoh Group, a Japan-based global company. Tosoh Bioscience markets company-manufactured, pre-packed chromatography columns, bulk media, and instrumentation for the analysis and purification of multi-component mixtures for research, quality control and manufacturing in North America and South America.
Technical Service Specialist (Process)
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- To acquire thorough knowledge about Tosoh Large Scale Process Chromatography resins and other Tosoh product lines.
- Design downstream processing / biomolecule purification applications for Tosoh process chromatography resins, including:
- Scientific literature research
- Project proposals and planning in conjunction with Technical Service Manager
- Execution of laboratory work, make day to day decisions as to the scientific content of laboratory activities such as data collection, processing, and review.
- Technical report writing.
- Writing materials for oral / poster presentations in conferences and tradeshows.
- Primary contact is Technical Service Manager; the incumbent must be able to discuss the project plans in a timeline with the manager. It is not a technician position – the incumbent must be able to work independently and report to technical service manager on a daily basis.
- Technical support to the Process / resin customers on a daily basis to the incoming technical service support phone calls and emails, related to general and troubleshooting issues. Provide correct and timely answers on a daily basis to the incoming technical service support calls. Able to review scientific data and plan further experiments which will aid the Sales and Marketing groups.
- Familiarity with and good working relationships with key customer contacts as identified through technical service support line is necessary.
- Laboratory safety is a primary concern of all technical service personnel and the incumbent must follow the rules.
- Excellent communicative skills and ability to function in multicultural environments.
- Ph.D. Degree in Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or related field required with 3 – 5 years in downstream processing/biomolecule purification.
- Experience with ÄKTA chromatography systems (Explorer, avant), including method development, basic maintenance/repairs, and troubleshooting
- Candidates without advanced degree will be considered only if they have a demonstrated significant scientific or administrative track record in method development for the purification of proteins using large scale Process chromatography resins using FPLC or GE Healthcare AKTA® equipment.
- Experience with biomolecule analysis (analytical HPLC, electrophoresis, ELISA, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of Chromatography theory is required.
- Must be willing to occasionally travel (<10%) domestically, primarily for poster and oral presentations in conferences.
- Ability to do basic maintenance and troubleshooting of AKTA® instruments required.
- Highly motivated and self-directed individual who can work independently as a vital member of the technical service group.
- Additional info: External Job Posting - Technical Service Specialist Process (111kb)