- Multiple Tenure-Track and Tenured Faculty Positions, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Salary dependent on experience
- May 29, 2017
Multiple Tenure-Track and Tenured Faculty Positions, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
The Institute of Atomic and Molecular Sciences in Academia Sinica, one of the most eminent research institutes in Taiwan, invites applications for multiple tenure-track or tenured faculty positions in the following areas:
1. The Chemical Dynamics and Spectroscopy group is searching for new faculty members specializing in chemical reaction kinetics and dynamics, spectroscopy, or theoretical chemistry. Applicants who are interested in atmospheric chemistry, chemistry of unstable species or quantum chemistry are especially welcome. However, for any candidates with promising potential, we are open-minded about their research fields, which can range from fundamental to applied physical chemistry.
2. The Atomic Physics and Optical Science group invites applications from individuals interested in theoretical quantum many-body physics with ultracold quantum gases and theoretical quantum optics. The group has existing strengths in experiments of quantum gases, cold-atom based quantum optics and nonlinear optics, as well as ultrashort and ultrahigh intense lasers.
3. The Biophysics group invites applications from individuals interested in technology development to address biological problems, including but not limited to advanced microscopy, nanotechnology, bioinstrumentation, protein design, chemical biology, and biosensors.
4. The Advanced Materials and Surface Science group is searching for new faculty members specializing in the synthesis, characterization, simulation, and applications of advanced materials. Applicants who are interested in fundamental physics and chemistry of materials, surfaces, and nanostructures are especially welcome.
Candidates at the Assistant, Associate, and Full Research Fellow (equivalent to Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor) levels will be considered. They must have a Ph.D. degree and will be expected to develop an internationally recognized research program. Adequate start-up packages will be provided to set up the laboratories. Please send the application package containing a cover letter, a full CV with a complete publication record, a research proposal, and at least three letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Address all correspondence to:
Dr. Jung-Chi Liao
Faculty Search Committee
Institute of Atomic and Molecular Sciences
Room 222, P.O. Box 23-166
Taipei, 10617, Taiwan