EXPECT MORE FROM YOUR CAREER
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. Our clients and partners include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, academic and government organizations.
PPD® Laboratories continues to flourish. We consistently recognize our employees as the cornerstone of our success. PPD strives to provide a supportive environment that offers exciting opportunities for skills enhancement. Our ground breaking technologies, real time analytics and superior training drive our employees to excel.
We are seeking a very experienced analyst with years of industry experience. In this role you would often be responsible for the regulatory and scientific conduct of development, validation, stability projects, and/or other specialty technologies. You are able to perform complex laboratory analysis of pharmaceutical products using HPLC and GC in a GMP environment and confidently troubleshoot analytical instrumentation. You also have experience with Empower software. You feel comfortable routinely acting as the technical project leader for multiple projects and interacting with clients on a weekly basis (or as needed) to provide updates. You are also able to demonstrate your experience with reviewing and evaluating data, writing reports and protocols. You love science and have keen observation skills as well as being a self-directed learner with excellent attention to detail. You have an inherent scientific curiosity and possess an in depth knowledge of laboratory procedures. You would often need to review and compile results for data comparison. As a champion of PPD's mission to help our customers deliver life changing therapies, you strive to generate high-quality, actionable data.
When you work with PPD, you are working with world-renowned scientists, state-of-the-art technologies, industry leaders with vision and therapeutic experts.
Apply now to join a company that offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry, where you will have the opportunity to impact the future of pharmaceutical product development.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology or related field or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 6+ years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1 plus years of experience with HPLC in a regulated cGMP lab is required.
- Experience with Empower software
- Experience with dissolution testing is preferred.
- Proficiency on technical operating systems
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Time management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
- Work is performed in a laboratory and/or a clinical environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
- Occasional drives to site locations, occasional domestic travel.
- Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms.
- Rare exposure to skin and lung irritants, radiation, toxic materials and hazardous waste.
- Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves.
- Exposure to fluctuating and/or extreme temperatures on rare occasions.
- Ability to work in an upright and /or stationary position for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists to operate lab equipment.
- Occasional mobility needed.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, with frequent bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence.
- Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.