Senior Chemist, Quality Control Operations – 17000263
For Us, It’s A Mission
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the world’s 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing what’s right, not what’s easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
Make a Difference
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Here’s how this role will help:
- Perform tests on raw materials, intermediates, blends, and/or finished products contained within assigned area.
- Review and process data. Interpret test results and ensure that they meet specifications, enter data into the computer, maintain instrument logbooks, laboratory worksheets and all relevant documentation according to cGMP documentation practices, review all information, and compile information into report form.
- Troubleshoot instrumentation and investigate aberrant sample results. Serve as a primary resource for the team to evaluate laboratory analytical issues in collaboration with analysts and management.
- Perform analytical investigations. Activities include drafting Analytical Investigation Reports (AIR) text, performing action steps, drawing justifiable conclusions based on data, and approving action steps in AIR Phase 1.
- Review paperwork and documentation from other Chemists.
- Participate in quality and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Calibrate laboratory equipment as necessary.
Make Our Values Your Values
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or similar science discipline and 2-4 years of experience. 3-5 years of experience strongly preferred. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
- Must possess knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures, Mylan Laboratory Procedures, USP regulations, Product Testing Procedures, cGMP, OSHA regulations/procedures for disposal of organic waste, and procedures for the safe handling of chemicals.
- Must possess good communication, writing, reading, comprehension, organizational, and computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Must be accurate, detail oriented, possess the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced, high output environment.
- Ability to read and interpret complex business and/or technical documents. Ability to write comprehensive reports and detailed business correspondence. Ability to work with groups of people such as other departments and communicate known concepts. Ability to present to a group of departments.
- Ability to solve problems with a variety of concrete variables through semi-standardized solutions that require some ingenuity and analysis. Ability to draw inferences and follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve moderately complex problems. Ability to perform computations such as percentages, ratios, and rates.
- Normal laboratory and manufacturing situation. Regular exposure to chemicals, solvents, fumes and/or gases. Works alone or closely with others. Requires extensive safety training and/or protective devices. Works with limited ventilation or with regular exposure to odors. High dust environment.
- Intermittently sitting, standing, and stooping. Moderate lifting or carrying 25-50 pounds. Climbing ladders or scaffolds. Typically standing and/or walking. Typically bending, crouching, and stooping. Must be able to distinguish colors. May be required to stand; walk; stoop; bend; kneel; and climb steps. May require use of hands and use of arms. May be required to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to: respiratory protection, safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes and protective clothing. Medium lifting requirements.
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is preferred.
- Relocation assistance may be available for qualified candidates.
If you want to be part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 35,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.