Senior Analytical Chemist
At Polysciences, we take chemistry beyond the ordinary. We produce and sell specialty chemicals for several industries including pharmaceuticals, electronics, academic research and personal care. We need driven, detail-oriented team players to support our growing operations and customer base, and identify further opportunities for growth.
The ideal candidate will provide method development and analytical analysis support for our R&D synthetic chemistry group. This will include developing analytical methods, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing analytical instruments and running samples to provide data for the R&D chemistry projects.
This is a newly created position due to our continued growth.
- Develop new analytical methods on LCMS, GCMS, NMR etc. and transfer to production analytical group for validation.
- Provide rapid turnaround on LCMS, GCMS, NMR, GPC
- Maintain LCMS, GCMS, GPC
- Implement and maintain 6S environment in R&D analytical laboratory
- Establish efficient systems to track samples, report results to R&D scientists, and catalog results for future retrieval.
Education & Skills Required:
- MS or PhD in Analytical Chemistry preferred
- 5 to 10 years of experience in method development
- Solid knowledge of analytical equipment, analytical methods, and data analysis
- Capability of developing methods and maintaining/troubleshooting analytical instruments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access is a plus
Position may include future management possibilities.
We’ve got great employees who work hard but like to have a bit of fun. We don’t have the bureaucracy, acronyms, corporate speak, etc. like mega corporations, and we like it that way. We are serious about business and enthusiastic about our work environment! Some of our fun activities include: Ice cream trucks in the summer, pumpkin carving contest at Halloween, bake-off contest, super-fun Holiday party with huge prizes, talk-like-a-pirate day, thanksgiving thanking – just to name a few. We’re committed to adding enjoyment to help us recharge!
We have benefits that can compete with large companies. We offer four different healthcare benefits – so you can afford the appointment and the cure! We provide a comprehensive dental plan that includes orthodontia; a flexible spending account; basic and supplemental life insurance plans; short-term and long-term disability; a 401(k) with a healthy employer match; an Employee Assistance Program; auto and homeowners discounted plans; long-term care insurance at group rates; college savings plan; paid time off; a credit union; discounted tickets to the area’s activities (including Broadway shows), half off our bath and body products, on-site flu shots and dry cleaning pickup/drop off.
Must have legal authorization to work in the US and will not require sponsorship.
Polysciences is an equal opportunity employer Drug-free workplace. Tobacco-free work site.