- Associate/Senior Editor (Chemical Biology or Biomaterials)
- Nature Research
- London/Shanghai/New York/Berlin
- On Application
- May 8, 2017
Associate/Senior Editor (Chemical Biology or Biomaterials)
Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community.
Job Title: Associate/Senior Editor (Chemical Biology or Biomaterials)
Organisation: Nature Communications
Location: London/Shanghai/New York/Berlin
Nature Research is the world’s leader in publishing high-quality research from across the natural sciences. Its journals include Nature, the Nature Research journals, the Nature Reviews journals and Nature Communications.
Nature Communications is the leading multidisciplinary Open Access journal, publishing high-quality research from across the natural sciences. To help us to build on the success of this journal, we’re seeking a chemical biology or biomaterials scientist who has a critical eye, a deep understanding of their subject and interests beyond, and who can think on their feet.
The Associate/Senior Editor role at Nature Communications is ideal for researchers who love science but feel that a career at the bench isn’t enough to sate their desire to learn more about the natural world and for those who enjoy reading papers outside their chosen area of research.
The responsibilities include:
- Handling original research papers, and working closely with other editors on all aspects of the editorial process, including manuscript selection and overseeing peer review.
- Making well-reasoned editorial decisions on submitted manuscripts in the light of expert advice.
- Determining the representation of their subject in the journal.
- Liaising extensively with editors at other journals in the Nature family and with experts in the international scientific community.
- Attending conferences and visiting research institutions.
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- A PhD (or equivalent) in chemical biology or biomaterials. This could include, but is not limited to medicinal and protein chemistry, biochemistry, drug delivery and chemical sensing.
- Some postdoctoral research experience is preferred. A thorough understanding of the fundamentals of the subject is essential.
- A passion for science and a thirst to learn more. You must be able to demonstrate the breadth of your interest in scientific research, both within your speciality and the wider field of chemical biology and biomaterials.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be fluent in English (written and spoken).
- The ability to read and assess the novelty, context and implications of research submitted to the journal from different areas of this discipline.
- Be eager to travel and meet scientists worldwide, learn more about them and their research, and help them learn more about us and what we are looking for in the papers we seek to publish.
- This role is located in either our London, New York, Shanghai or Berlin office. All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the respective country to be considered for the position. The position is offered on a full-time, permanent basis.
- Editorial experience is not required, although applicants with significant editorial experience are encouraged to apply and will potentially be considered for Senior Editor positions.
Applicants should include a CV, a covering letter explaining their interest in the post and their preferred office of employment, and a separate concise (400 words) discussion of recent scientific developments that you found particularly exciting (stating why).
Closing date: 08th May 2017
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media
More search results
Sales & BD Mgrs/Directors/VPs in Building Blocks,…
PharmaBlock Sciences (Nanjing), Inc.
Group Leader/Principal Scientist - Surface and Po…
Saint-Gobain Innovative Materials
Director of Process Engineering Research; Chemica…
Cambrex High Point
Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Targeted Drug De…
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine