- Senior Product Manager / Electronics
- Matheson Tri- Gas
- Fremont, CA
- May 14, 2017
Senior Product Manager / Electronics
Matheson, a leading manufacturer, processor, retail sales and distributor of welding gases and supplies has the following opportunity available at our Fremont, CA facility.
Senior Product Manager / Electronics
The Senior Product Manager directs, coordinates, or manages all activities related to the assigned products. The Senior Product Manager develops strategic plans to increase product revenue and profit of mature products and assures that new products are brought to market in a timely, cost-effective manner. This includes assuring that the current products are properly supported by all functional areas of the organization. This position reports to the Director of Product Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and improve sales revenue and profit per targets of strategic product plans and in support of Global Sales teams.
- Develop strategic product plans for products that provide differentiation while meeting industry requirements.
- Manage the gas products through R&D, Quality, Procurement, and Operations.
- Assure that the sales force is given adequate technical sales support and provide product specific training as required.
- Work directly with customers on technical issues, including quality statistics, as needed.
- Assure that proper promotional materials such as presentations, on line catalogs, data sheets, etc are developed and distributed. In many cases the Product Manager may have direct contact with customers in conjunction with sales team.
- Assure that field input is properly communicated to Senior Management, Engineering and Operations. Prepare and coordinate the activities of the strategic market plans for the assigned product, including market forecasts, customer requirements, competitor positions, product improvements, capacity expansions, new plant requirements, and new product introductions.
- Develop market place and industry contacts to assure that he/she is aware of trends within the industry.
- Lead cross-functional teams to identify root causes of quality excursions, and to develop and implement solutions to prevent recurrence.
- The Senior Product Manager works with Senior Management to plan and execute Group business plans.
- The Senior Product Manager mentors entry level Product Managers.
LOCATION AND HOURS OF WORK Typical hours for this position are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and possibly some weekend hours if applicable. There is minimal to moderate domestic and international travel. This is a full-time position.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: none. QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
Education - technical degree such as B.S. degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering. Additional education in Marketing or Business Management is preferred. A minimum of ten years of work experience in the areas of strategic sales, product management, sales management or technology management is needed. Knowledge of the Semiconductor Market is beneficial. Training as Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt preferred. Experience with computerized statistical data management systems and Enterprise Resource Programs is advantageous
Apply online at:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
More search results
Director of Process Engineering Research; Chemica…
Cambrex High Point
Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Targeted Drug De…
Gas-Phase Ion Chemistry Postdoctoral Researcher (…
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Research Cyberinfrastructure Center Director
University of California, Irvine
Assistant Professor of Biochemistry and Biophysic…
Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania