Associate or Senior Editor (m/f) Nature Catalysis
Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Nature Catalysis is a new journal from Nature Research that will launch in 2018. The journal aims to uniquely integrate catalysis researchers from all sectors: science, engineering and industry. It will publish both fundamental and applied research in catalysis, provide a strong engineering and industrial perspective, and also link to societal goals such as clean water and clean energy.
To help realize this vision, we are looking to recruit three editors to the journal with backgrounds in the broad area of catalysis
including, but not limited to, photocatalysis, electrocatalysis, heterogeneous catalysis, reaction engineering and biocatalysis. Applicants must have a PhD and preferably postdoctoral and/or industrial experience, with a strong track record in research relevant to catalysis, chemistry or chemical engineering. Editorial experience is not required, although applicants with significant editorial experience are encouraged to apply and will potentially be considered for Senior Editor positions.
Working within a dynamic editorial and publishing environment that also includes Nature, Nature Chemistry and Nature Chemical Biology, the successful candidates will report to the Chief Editor of Nature Catalysis and will each play an important role in determining the representation of their subject in the journal. They will handle original research papers submitted from all over the world, and work closely with other editors on all aspects of the editorial process, including manuscript selection and overseeing peer review. They will also be involved in the commissioning and editing of Review, Comment, and News & Views articles, as well as writing for the journal.
These are demanding and intellectually stimulating positions. Broad scientific knowledge and training, excellent literary skills, and a keen interest in the practice and communication of science are prerequisites. The successful candidates must be dynamic and outgoing, and have excellent interpersonal skills. A key aspect of the job is liaising with the scientific community through laboratory visits and international conferences — willingness to travel is essential.
The positions are offered on a full-time, permanent basis, and will ideally be located in our Berlin office, although the possibility of working in our Shanghai office will also be considered.
Applications should include the following:
- A cover letter telling us who you are and why you want to become a full-time Nature journal editor. Please also mention your salary expectations and your preferred location.
- A CV detailing your education, relevant employment history, list of published scientific papers, and any other achievements that you feel demonstrate your suitability for the position.
- A Research Highlight (of around 250 words) in the style of Nature Nanotechnology (see http://www.nature.com/nnano) on a peer-reviewed research paper that has caught your attention recently. The paper you highlight should not be from your own (or previous) research group, but should be on a topic that you find interesting (and may even wish to learn more about). The highlight should explain the significance and implications of the research to someone who is not a specialist in the subject.
We will start reviewing application on Monday, April 24th. Applications will be considered until all positions are filled.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Varied and interesting tasks
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies
- A good work life balance with fair working hours + a generous and flexible vacation package
- Discounted public transport
- Discounted book prices
- An excellent on-site cafeteria
Working Hours: Full-time
Company and Location: Springer Science + Business Media Deutschland GmbH, Berlin
Excited by the prospect of joining us?
We are looking forward to your online application. (https://career012.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=18384&company=C0001215517P&username)
To find out more information about our organization please take a look at www.springernature.com or www.springer.com.
More search results
Scientist – Agriculture
Open FACULTY positions - METU Chemistry Department
Chemistry Department, Middle East Technical University - Orta Doğu Teknik Üniversitesi
Chief Science Officer
Supplemental Instruction Specialist (Science Spec…
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota