- Associate or Senior Editor, Nature Electronics
- Nature Research
- London, Berlin, New York, San Francisco, Shanghai
- On Application
- Apr 21, 2017
Associate or Senior Editor, Nature Electronics
Nature Electronics is a new journal from Nature Research that will launch in 2018. The journal will publish both fundamental and applied research across all areas of electronics, from the study of novel phenomena and devices, to the design, construction and wider application of electronic circuits. It will also cover commercial and industrial aspects of electronics research. At its core, the journal will be concerned with the development of new technologies and understanding the impact of these developments on society.
To help realize this vision, we are looking to recruit an editor with an electrical or electronic engineering research background. This could include, but is not limited to, a background in circuits and systems, sensors, communications, or biomedical electronics. We would also be interested in applicants with an understanding of industrial research. Applicants should have a PhD and preferably postdoctoral experience (in academia or industry), with a strong research record. Editorial experience is not required, although applicants with significant editorial experience are encouraged to apply and will potentially be considered for Senior Editor positions.
The successful candidates will report to the Chief Editor of the journal and will each play an important role in determining the representation of their subject in the journal. They will handle original research papers submitted from all over the world, and work closely with other editors on all aspects of the editorial process, including manuscript selection and overseeing peer review. They will also be involved in the commissioning and editing of Review, Comment, and News & Views articles, as well as writing for the journal.
These are demanding and intellectually stimulating positions. Broad scientific knowledge and training, excellent literary skills, and a keen interest in the practice and communication of science and technology are prerequisites. The successful candidates must be dynamic and outgoing, and have excellent interpersonal skills. A key aspect of the job is liaising with the research community through laboratory visits and international conferences, and therefore a willingness to travel is essential.
The positions are offered on a full-time, permanent basis, and will ideally be located in our London office, although the possibility of working in Berlin, New York, San Francisco or Shanghai will also be considered. Candidates should already have the right to live and work in the location for which they apply.
Applications should include the following:
1. A cover letter telling us who you are and why you want to become a full-time Nature journal editor. Please also mention your salary expectations and your preferred location.
2. A CV detailing your education, relevant employment history, list of published research papers, and any other achievements that you feel demonstrate your suitability for the position.
3. A Research Highlight (of around 250 words) in the style of Nature Nanotechnology (see http://www.nature.com/nnano) on a peer-reviewed research paper that has caught your attention recently. The paper you highlight should not be from your own (or previous) research group, but should be on a topic that you find interesting (and may even wish to learn more about). The highlight should explain the significance and implications of the research to someone who is not a specialist in the subject.
We will review applications as soon as they are submitted.
More search results
Scientist – Agriculture
Open FACULTY positions - METU Chemistry Department
Chemistry Department, Middle East Technical University - Orta Doğu Teknik Üniversitesi
Chief Science Officer
Supplemental Instruction Specialist (Science Spec…
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota