Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech, Inc Is seeking a Chemist to work in our Parsippany, NJ office. Providing chemistry technical support for a wide-range of projects, specifically Department of Defense (DoD) hazardous, toxic and radioactive waste (HTRW) and military munitions response program (MMRP) sites. Working within tight deadlines and efficiently on project teams. Tracking/meeting contractual and regulatory deadlines
Interacting with clients, subcontractors, and regulatory agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan preparation, including Work Plans, Quality Assurance Project Plans (QAPPs), and Health and Safety Plans, as well as cost estimates, technical specifications and other relevant documents
- Desk-top research, including evaluation of aerial photographs, historical maps, and other documents
- Field work, including multi-media sample collection and sample custody/management
- Management of analytical laboratory data, including tabulation of results and submission to regulatory agencies
- Data review, including development of data quality indicators (DQIs) and eQAPPs, use of electronic data validation programs, and assessment of usability
- Data interpretation/evaluation, including recognized environmental conditions (RECs), source determination, and nature/extent and fate/transport of contamination
- Report preparation, including text section writing, data tabulation, and figure mapping
- Must be able to obtain medical clearance for field work at hazardous waste sites including lifting up to 40 lbs. and working for extended periods of time in the field, under hot or cold, humid, and wet conditions
- Must have a valid driver license and be able to pass the company DMV check to be a Tetra Tech-qualified driver of corporate/rental vehicles
- Ability to pass background check (if required for project work)
- Willingness for occasional overnight travel essential
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
- BS (or higher) in chemistry (or directly-related science) with 3 to 7 years of experience in the environmental consulting and/or environmental laboratory field
- Experience in project plan development, site characterizations/investigations, sampling of environmental media, analytical instrumentation and methodologies, database management, and data reporting
- Understanding of federal (USEPA, Army/USACE, Navy, and/or Air Force/AFCEC) and state (NJDEP and/or NYSDEC preferred) environmental regulations
- Knowledge of UFP-QAPP worksheets, munitions constituents, and/or PFCs desirable
- Familiarity with ASTM Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs); health and safety requirements; and/or calibration and use of field equipment (water quality instruments, GPS, XRF, PIDs, etc.) desirable
- Ability to work on multiple projects of various size and scope
- Ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Wide-ranging knowledge and use of Microsoft Word and Excel; knowledge and use of other database systems (Access, FoxPro) and Microsoft software (PowerPoint, Projects, Visio, etc.) preferred
- Current OHSA 40-Hour HAZWOPER Certification (40 CFR 1910.120) and/or CPR and first air training desirable
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, for immediate consideration please submit your resume to Tetra Tech, Inc., at www.tetratech.com. Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements. A Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (973) 630-8111.
Tetra Tech is an EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability employer. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
More search results
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
CHAIR OF CHEMISTRY
Faculty Position Openings
School of chemistry and chemical engineering, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Faculty Positions at the College of Chemistry & C…