Regional Sales Manager
Mid-West USA, based in a home office preferably in Chicago or St. Louis
Wyatt Technology is the world leader in research, development and commercialization of light scattering instruments used by chemical, pharmaceutical, biotech companies, and by government and academic institutions. Visit our website at www.wyatt.com to learn more about the science and our products.
What we are looking for:
As Wyatt’s business continues to grow, the need for a dynamic, competitive, results-driven leader has arisen. This opportunity is a field position based in the Midwest. The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will be responsible driving sales on Wyatt’s full range of products throughout the Midwest. The RSM will find and qualify potential prospects, coordinate sample analyses and demonstrations, seminars, and customer visits in order generate and close sales. The ideal candidate for this opportunity will have Scientific Sales experience with a proven record of introducing and selling new technologies in a highly competitive marketplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed sales targets.
- Maintain established base customer satisfaction.
- Aggressively develop new prospects and break into competitive accounts.
- Visit customers, to highlight Wyatt’s solutions to customer’s needs and challenges.
- Build and maintain technical competency on Wyatt’s solutions and be perceived, by customers, as a credible technical resource.
- Establish initial contacts and leads with decision makers, answering inquiries and maintaining accurate records of sales activity using CRM software.
- Monitor competitor activity and trends within the territory as well as providing accurate and timely monthly sales forecasts.
- Develop business through monthly plans of action.
- Travel as needed for sales meetings, sales training and tradeshows.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS or higher in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or other related field.
- Five plus years of field sales experience. Experience selling chromatography, MS or particle characterization products preferred.
- Proven track record of success selling in the past.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, with initiative and good, ethical, business judgment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to learn and utilize CRM quickly and efficiently.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions and observations from market trends and unit analysis.
- Substantiated capability to negotiate and close business.
Wyatt Technology offers a complete benefits package including company paid health, dental and life insurance, holidays, combined vacation and sick leave program and disability insurance. Employees also enjoy a generous 401(k) plan as well as a quarterly bonus program.
More search results
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
CHAIR OF CHEMISTRY
Faculty Position Openings
School of chemistry and chemical engineering, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Faculty Positions at the College of Chemistry & C…