- Research and Development Formulator
- Mission Pharmacal Company
- Mission Pharmacal, 38505 IH 10 West, Boerne, Texas
- Jun 1, 2017
Research and Development Formulator
Mission Pharmacal, a pharmaceutical manufacturing company located in Boerne, TX, is seeking a highly motivated Research and Development Formulator to join our team. This individual will work with multi-disciplinary team in developing, designing, testing and preparing stability and clinical batches for a variety of dermatology and pediatrics products.
- Contributes as a part of a multi-disciplinary development team, designing formulations and testsing plans, developing manufacturing processes, and preparing stability and clinical batches for a variety of dermatology and pediatrics products.
- Ensures seamless technology transfer of processes between pilot plants and into final commercial manufacturing plants.
- Design and optimize various formulation and filling unit operations including active ingredient dissolution or dispersion, mixing, emulsification, and bottle/tube filling.
- Oversee the execution of pilot to commercial scale fill/finish manufacturing process.
- Communicate with material and equipment vendors to source equipment and project specific materials.
- Prepare the scientific content in regulatory documents, manufacturing instructions, and SOPs.
Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of three years of pharmaceutical industry experience in formulation development, process development and/or manufacturing required. Experience in food and/or cosmetic industry may be considered. Good working knowledge of MS Software products, especially Excel and Word. Solid understanding of pharmaceutical and/or nutritional solid oral dosage forms. Extensive hands-on process experience is a plus. Thorough understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) desired.
Mission offers excellent benefits and competitive wages. For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Drug Free Workplace