- Analytical Chemist
- Richmond, VA
- May 26, 2017
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies' brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country's top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria's mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
Altria Client Services' (ALCS) role is to help Altria Group and its operating companies responsibly meet their business goals by providing the high quality services they require in a financially disciplined way. We are currently seeking a highly qualified Analytical Chemist to join the Analytical Technical Services group of our Analytical Sciences Department in Richmond, VA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing high-quality laboratory assessments and developing validated methodologies to support Research & Development and Regulatory Affairs initiatives, and to support ALCS Regulatory & Quality Compliance and Factory Quality Assurance for the Altria family of companies.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Performing analysis on a wide range of sample types utilizing multiple techniques and analytical instrumentation.
* Delivering prompt service, quality data and relevant information to our customers.
* Providing support to ALCS Quality Compliance and Operating Company Factory Quality Assurance to assist in identifying and resolving product and other quality issues.
* Providing support to Research & Development and Regulatory Affairs customers for the analysis of materials in all types of products.
* Participating in the development, validation and transfer of analytical methods to Operating Company Factory Quality Assurance.
* Maintaining and managing the appropriate documentation for Analytical Sciences to be compliant with ISO 17025 Accreditation, Altria Quality System and Records Management policies.
* Participating on cross-functional teams representing Analytical Sciences.
* Participating in internal and external scientific meetings to maintain and expand scientific expertise.
* A Bachelor's degree in Chemistry is preferred. A degree in Biology or closely related field with analytical laboratory experience is acceptable.
* At least one year of experience in an analytical testing laboratory is preferred.
* Experience with sample analysis using GC-MS is required. Experience with the identification of unknown compounds by GC-MS is preferred.
* Experience with sample analysis using FT-IR and/or EDXRF is preferred.
* Experience working in an ISO 17025 Accredited laboratory or other regulated laboratory environment is preferred.
* Ability to work independently, to multi-task, and to be a strong team player.
* Ability to quickly produce accurate results and reports to resolve urgent factory quality issues.
* Excellent attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills.
At Altria Client Services, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our deferred profit sharing program as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://altria.contacthr.com/54752254.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: