This role works closely with others in our discovery chemistry area to support our compound scale up activities.
Identify and design procedure to scale up compounds for screening toxicity studies. These procedures should be such that they can be scaled up to produce the 1st 500g to 1 kg. Capable of rapidly scaling up of critical intermediates to support the ongoing discovery efforts. Demonstrate ability to use catalysis wherever appropriate to improve process. As required work with CRO’s to further optimize the process. Coordinate with CROs to ensure proper tech transfer of the scale-up process.
- Design and execute/run reaction sequences
- Demonstrate strategic thinking when developing a process
- Define process development for chemical intermediates and drug substances
- Perform chemical reactions, isolations, separations, purifications, and crystallizations
- Conduct route scouting, reaction optimization, and scale-up demonstration
- Write concise procedures and reports to enable successful technology transfers
- Participate in group and project teams meetings and communicate results in a team-based environment
Person in this position will interact with all personnel in the chemistry group. May also interact with CRO for transferring processes and trouble shooting current processes.
Education and Experience
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry, or related scientific field; with 4-5 years of process development experience preferred. M.S. in synthetic organic chemistry, or related scientific field and relevant experience may be considered.
Technical / Functional Skills and Knowledge
- A strong working knowledge of the latest developments in contemporary Process Chemistry, organometallic chemistry as well as expertise in asymmetric transformations and heterocyclic chemistry.
- Possess fluent knowledge in modern synthetic organic chemistry methods with the drive and desire to challenge existing methods and apply cutting edge technology in a process chemistry
- Self-motivated, can work independently and contribute practical solutions to project challenges.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Outstanding problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Understands process IP
More search results
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
CHAIR OF CHEMISTRY
Faculty Position Openings
School of chemistry and chemical engineering, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Faculty Positions at the College of Chemistry & C…