- CHAIR OF CHEMISTRY
- Khalifa University
- Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- Jul 3, 2017
Khalifa University is an independent, non-profit coeducational institution, dedicated to the advancement of learning through teaching and research, and discovery and application of knowledge. It pursues international recognition as a world-class research intensive university, with a strong reputation for interdisciplinary teaching and research.
The University is actively developing an international network of partners and innovative research programs to advance regionally relevant research and innovation in the UAE and the region at large.
The Department of Chemistry is an academic unit within the College of Science. The department is responsible for teaching chemistry to students majoring in Engineering disciplines as well as a new BSc in Chemistry in the College of Science expected to come on stream in Fall 2017.
The Job Description:
Khalifa University now seeks to appoint a Chair of Chemistry.
The Chair of Chemistry is responsible for the leadership of advancing the teaching, research and service activities of the departmental faculty and for managing the departmental needs, including resources, budget and personnel.
Main responsibilities of the position include:
- Faculty recruitment, development and retention
- Curriculum development and review
- Facilities development, maintenance and updating
- Leading the development evaluation of faculty research.
The Chair reports directly to the Dean of the College of Science and is the primary liaison between department and college. Additionally, the Chair will be an advocate for the department and will ensure that the interests of the department continue to be presented and understood at all levels of the University.
The Person Specification:
Candidates for the position of Chair of Chemistry must have a full range of qualifications, experience, and abilities to offer the leadership and fulfil the tasks described above, including:
- Doctoral degree in Chemistry or related field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 12 years teaching and postgraduate research experience (at least 5 of which should be at the level of Professor).
- Minimum of 5 years scholarly activity and research and a record of leadership showing interpersonal skills and organisation ability, strong research background and funding records with recognised professional accomplishments in Chemistry, and a commitment to excellence in teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels are required.
To Apply: Please Click 'Apply Online' in the following link and search for IRC8562 in the keyword search. http://www.kustar.ac.ae/pages/careers
More search results
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
Faculty Position Openings
School of chemistry and chemical engineering, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Faculty Positions at the College of Chemistry & C…
Process Material Engineer