Group Leader-Hair Color Development Lab
Join the Haircolor team to develop innovative and disruptive haircolor products with proven consumer perceivable benefits. Work in a team-oriented environment to identify new technologies with potential benefits and translate the technology into cosmetic products. Interact with various groups within R&I for new product development, product concept testing, and ensure a smooth transition of new products and technology to the development team.
- Create new cosmetic products and new technology by designing the formula/technology to fully explore the potential benefits and disrupt the market.
- Work closely with partner groups within Research and Innovation, Operations and Marketing for successful product development and launches.
- Work closely with research labs to ensure a smooth transition of new products and technologies into development.
- Communicate and present the technology and new products to Marketing and colleagues at different geographic locations and different categories within the company.
- Develop good knowledge of competitor’s patent environments and close awareness of consumer need gap and marketing trends.
- Show creativity and resourcefulness to come up with solutions during the product development process and/or in anticipation to issues which may come up in pilot plant or during Manufacturing
- Supervise and coach laboratory staff
- Serves as a technical resource in the Hair Color departmental efforts and identifies, recommends and utilizes new product innovation
- Must have a strong sense of urgency, be flexible and independent
- BS/MS in Chemistry or related field.
- A minimum of 5+ years experience in the cosmetic industry, preferable with a strong background in haircolor.
- Supervise a small team of 1 to 2 chemists.
- Be able to work under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Authorization to work long term in the U.S. required.