L’Oréal, the world leader in cosmetics, is synonymous with beauty, innovation and scientific excellence in more than 130 countries. As the leader in the beauty industry, our success is a direct result of our unequaled employees. L’Oréal is always looking for talented and ambitious minds to help build our beauty into something even better. Leadership also means innovation and quality. We offer the most technologically advanced products to our customers and a portfolio of brands in every product category. L’Oréal USA fully encompasses all aspects of beauty for everyone, everywhere.
I. MAJOR FUNCTION
Responsible for all elements of category product development from studying the feasibility with Marketing to commercialization, including assistance in post-commercialization issue resolution. Plans and assures execution of all departmental operations and personnel evaluation/development. Initiates, coordinates, and analyzes new product development programs.
- Manage resource allocation and priority setting depending on marketing requests and business needs.
- Create prototype formulae that answer consumers’ needs for the different brands he/she is in charge of.
- Stay aware of the hair market and generate new ideas to keep his brand ahead of competition.
- Solves any problems that may arise during development to meet all Officialization dates of projects.
- Provide updates with progress of Projects on a timely and regular manner. Documents should be precise and accurate.
- Serve as a creative facilitator in the Marketing/R&D interface.
- Identify issues with new and existing products for R&D management.
- Issue technical dossiers for new products or modifications of existing products.
- Coordinate scale up and initial successful commercial manufacture of new products either in-house or contract manufacturers.
- Maintain awareness of new technical or marketing opportunities from scientific and technical literature and publications.
- Identify opportunities to achieve efficiency in plant manufacturing with innovative processing technology or alternate raw materials.
- Establish departmental goals and objectives. Monitor and control all work with these projects while evaluating technical staff based upon performance compared to the objectives.
- Assures motivation, growth, and development of staff. Manages performance appraisals, and training development.
- Ensure fluid communication with International counterparts.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, PhD preferred
- 10+ years experience in laboratory environment, cosmetics industry preferred
- Great formulation skills and knowledge
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and computer skills
- Supervisory experience of significant team required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
More search results
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
CHAIR OF CHEMISTRY
Faculty Position Openings
School of chemistry and chemical engineering, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Faculty Positions at the College of Chemistry & C…