Sr-Scientist-II/Group-Leader, Hair Bio-Physics-Advanced Research
L’Oréal, the world leader in cosmetics, is synonymous with beauty, innovation and scientific excellence in more than 130 countries. As the leader in the beauty industry, our success is a direct result of our unequaled employees. L’Oréal is always looking for talented and ambitious minds to help build our beauty into something even better. Leadership also means innovation and quality. We offer the most technologically advanced products to our customers and a portfolio of brands in every product category. L’Oréal USA fully encompasses all aspects of beauty for everyone, everywhere.
Advanced Research, Hair Biophysics Lab,
Introduce, develop and deliver innovative technologies for hair care with clear consumer perceivable benefits in a team-oriented environment. Work closely with the raw material suppliers to accelerate innovation. Interact with various groups within Research & Innovation, both domestic and international, for new technology development, proof of concept testing, and smooth transition of the technology to Applied Research labs.
- Propose and demonstrate new technology concepts for hair care benefits
- Develop, manage and execute efficient project plans
- Communicate (written and oral) research findings
- Stay current on research in industry and general scientific fields by reading Journals and attending conferences
- Works on expanding hair knowledge, with particular focus on ethnic hair
- Keep up to date on grooming habits and concerns of consumers of diverse backgrounds
- Work closely with national and international teams to ensure a smooth transition of technologies
- Maintain working knowledge of relevant competitor’s patents
- Work closely with safety, patent, and raw materials departments to ensure the feasibility of technologies
- Supervise temporary and permanent employee(s)
- Ph.D. in material biophysics, bioengineering, biomaterials, biopolymers or similar field
- Industrial experience (≥ 3 years) in developing hair care technologies is a must
- Experience in materials modification and mechanical characterization (Instron, Diastron, DMA and Differential Scanning Calorimetry) is highly desirable
- Ability to collaborate and manage projects with multidisciplinary and multifunctional teams worldwide
- Experience transforming ideas/concepts into practical innovations
- Independent critical thinker, problem solver that can thrive in a corporate research environment as well as mentor the team
- Advanced level of communication skills – written and oral
- Foreign language skills in French a plus.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on a long-term basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.