The Vice President of Engineering will provide strategic, operational, and technical leadership to the Company, leading the engineering team and serving as an active member of the Business Development team. The Vice President of Engineering will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and will serve on the Executive Management Team.
He/she will be primarily responsible for process and product improvements that lower capital and operational cost, process development for new products, and engineering R&D strategy as the Company develops and commercializes new products from algae. Additionally, he/she will oversee the procurement and project engineering of future production facilities.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Leading a multidisciplinary team to direct the design and development of new products and the improvement of existing products, processes and technology.
- Working with members of the senior management team to achieve department and company goals, and to help set corporate policy related to operations, business strategy, safety, and financial matters.
- Providing leadership and developing objectives for the Engineering R&D department, including managing departmental budgetary and personnel matters.
- Helping to identify, assess, and protect Intellectual Property needed to provide a competitive advantage for the company.
The ideal candidate will:
- possess strong management experience with demonstrated expertise in developing processes for a broad range of industrial biotechnology products, preferably based on microbial production technologies and related downstream processing.
- be a respected technology leader with a track record of inspiring and building effective engineering teams, who has successfully managed projects from product conception through development, deployment, and commercialization, preferably in a biotech-related area.
- have significant Process Engineering/Industrial Engineering experience in the biotechnology industry; GMP compliance experience is an asset.
- have a Ph.D. in Chemical/Industrial/Mechanical Engineering (or related field) with 15+ years of experience, including executive leadership.
- possess the temperament necessary to lead within an innovative, fast-moving, start-up environment.
Algenol is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Procedure: Please e-mail a PDF version of your cover letter and curriculum vitae to: email@example.com; reference “VP Engineering” in the subject line.
More search results
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
CHAIR OF CHEMISTRY
Faculty Position Openings
School of chemistry and chemical engineering, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Faculty Positions at the College of Chemistry & C…