CooperVision, a unit of The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE:COO), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses and related products and services. The Company produces a full array of monthly, two-week and 1-day lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism and presbyopia; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com.
JOB TITLE: Senior Scientist
DEPARTMENT: R & D Chemistry
Sr. Scientist position for research and development of new generation contact lenses. Requires solid polymer chemistry background and in-depth understanding of polymer materials and structure-property relationships, thorough analytical characterization skills, and creative problem solving skills.
- Generate novel concepts for new generation of contact lens materials and technology.
- Work independently to design and develop experimental strategy.
- Communicate ideas and results through technical reports and presentations within timeline.
- Works effectively in a team environment with the ability to mentor and lead Research Associates and Junior Scientists.
- Interact effectively with cross-functional teams internally, and/or external teams to identify challenges and develop solutions.
- Keep good records and documentation, and follow standard operating procedures.
- Recognized contribution with published patents, scientific publications for Research programs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge and hand-on experience in polymer and material synthesis.
- Deep understanding of material structure-properties relationship and process interactions.
- Knowledge in organic small molecule, monomer synthesis is a plus.
- Structure characterization of organic and polymer compounds.
- Skilled in hands-on lab bench work.
- Excellent problem solving ability with minimum supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work as a team player and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Work in both a chemical laboratory and office environment.
- Utilize good safety practices and handle chemical hazardous materials.
- Ph.D. in Polymer Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Materials Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in industry settings.
More search results
Sales & BD Mgrs/Directors/VPs in Building Blocks,…
PharmaBlock Sciences (Nanjing), Inc.
Group Leader/Principal Scientist - Surface and Po…
Saint-Gobain Innovative Materials
Director of Process Engineering Research; Chemica…
Cambrex High Point
Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Targeted Drug De…
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine