Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Targeted Drug Delivery
Roche is a leading healthcare company with a uniquely broad spectrum of innovative solutions. For more than 100 years, we have been active in the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of novel healthcare solutions. Our products and services address prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases, thus enhancing well-being and quality of life. Within Roche Pharmaceuticals, Preclinical CMC (pCMC) is supporting the drug candidate selection process and enables the transition of drug candidates from Research to Technical Development.
We are seeking a motivated and expert scientist for researching novel approaches to achieve targeted delivery of oligonucleotides and peptides. In this role you will bring depth of formulation expertise to research targeted delivery of oligonucleotides, peptides and related conjugated molecules to lung, colon and brain. The novel molecules could include small molecules and antibodies conjugated to oligonucleotides and peptides.
- You will independently conduct literature search in order to evaluate the current state of the art technologies, and closely collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of scientists from discovery RNAi unit, including preclinical DMPK, toxicological and CMC departments
- You are expected to be creative and innovative in conceptualizing new ideas and in translating them into hands-on laboratory work, while closely partnering with the multidisciplinary functions
This research project is a multi-site collaboration and will require some amount of travel.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
As an ideal candidate you hold a Ph.D. degree in formulation and targeted delivery of oligonucleotides and/or peptides and you have a minimum of 2-years hands-on experience in the targeted drug delivery/formulation of oligonucleotides or peptides and expert knowledge in the area of particulate delivery systems (lipoplexes, nanocarriers, exosomes, etc.). Formulation development experience in targeted oral and lung delivery is desirable.
In addition you bring:
- Proven track record of translating cutting edge research into drug development programs
- Ability to conceptualize, promote, and deliver on innovative scientific ideas
- Sound team-building skills to coordinate research with scientists from multi-disciplinary functions and senior managers.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in experimental design, data analysis and interpretation
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required
- Agility for working in a dynamic, multi-site, and cross-disciplinary environment
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites.
Job ID No.: 3403677328
Contact HR: Cristina Varela, Phone +41 61 687 25 27
The next step is yours. To apply online for this position visit careers.roche.ch
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.