Sr. Pharmaceutical Application Engineer (East Coast/Mid-Atlantic Region)
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Sr. Pharmaceutical Application Engineer for the Separations and Purification Sciences Division (SPSD) located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M Separations and Purification Sciences Division is a leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing of a comprehensive line of products for the separation, clarification, and purification of fluids and gases covering a range of markets. Products and applications specific for our Biopharmaceutical Purification business are designed to address critical needs in the processing and purification of pharmaceuticals including recombinant proteins and other biological targets.
The person hired for the position of Sr. Pharmaceutical Application Engineer will work in the Biopharmaceutical Purification business to drive growth through collaborations with customers and external industry experts to implement manufacturing purification solutions based on the innovative integration of multiple differentiated 3M product platforms. This person will harness insights from the industry and specific customer processes to develop and replicate high impact applications, and deliver training to customers and our global cross-functional team. This position will require strong engagement and leadership within the industry. This person will support customers located in the East Coast and Mid-Atlantic Region of the United States.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with pharmaceutical manufacturing customers throughout the United States to champion, demonstrate and implement 3M Biopharmaceutical Purification solutions.
- Develop new applications by understanding customer processes and pharmaceutical product requirements then formulate and demonstrate innovative purification processes through a combination of field and 3M laboratory studies.
- Position himself/herself as a technical expert capable of influencing the industry leaders and establishing new paradigms for the production scale purification of pharmaceuticals. Establish a track record of conference presentations and technical publications.
- Prepare technical reports documenting work performed. Present results, conclusions and recommendations to customers and 3M personnel as needed.
- Participate in the development and delivery of product, market and application training content for customers, sales and laboratory personnel.
- Actively participate on global new product commercialization teams by engaging directly with customers to quantify and validate product value propositions and implementing customer specific product launch plans; work with development teams to identify requirements for future products and applications.
- This position requires extensive engagement with customers in their facilities and periodic travel on short notice, as the need arises.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of four (4) years of pharmaceutical, biotechnology or bioprocessing experience gained in an academic or industrial environment
- Ph.D. degree in Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Bioengineering from an accredited university
- Strong background in biopharmaceutical processing such as monoclonal antibody, recombinant protein or vaccine expression, purification and/or production as demonstrated through a track record of technical publications
- Minimum of two (2) years of pharmaceutical, biotechnology or bioprocessing experience gained in an industrial environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to influence people and organizations at multiple levels
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently to complete projects, as well as, work with cross-functional teams
Location: Philadelphia, Maryland, Washington DC
Travel: May include up to 50% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
More search results
Sales & BD Mgrs/Directors/VPs in Building Blocks,…
PharmaBlock Sciences (Nanjing), Inc.
Group Leader/Principal Scientist - Surface and Po…
Saint-Gobain Innovative Materials
Director of Process Engineering Research; Chemica…
Cambrex High Point
Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Targeted Drug De…
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine