Ames Laboratory, a Department of Energy national laboratory affiliated with Iowa State University, is searching for qualified Postdoctoral Research candidates to fill anticipated vacancies at the start of FY2018. All positions require completion of the Ph.D. degree prior to the appointment. Candidates with expertise related to the following areas are encouraged to apply:
• Solid state materials synthesis and crystal growth
• Synthesis of catalysts
• Physical Properties Measurements
• Laser-based THz Spectroscopy
• Angle Resolved Photoemission Spectroscopy
• Electron Microscopy
• Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
• Neutron & X-ray Scattering
• Theory and/or theoretical modeling of strongly correlated electron systems, chemical or catalytic systems.
Required Education and Experience Ph.D. must be completed prior to appointment.
Preferred Education and Experience Ph.D. in physical science or engineering field, and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
• Materials Science and Engineering
• Chemical Sciences
• Physical Sciences
• Competitive and collaborative international research environment
Application Instructions Interested candidates should submit 1) a cover letter which outlines the following: a) area of interest and b) date of availability for employment; 2) current C.V.; and 3) contact information for three (3) references to: LDRDsearch18@ameslab.gov
Applications will remain on file for 6 months from date of receipt.
EO Statement Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515 294-7612, email firstname.lastname@example.org.