- Post-doctoral Research Associate and Non-Tenured Faculty
- Fukuoka, Japan
- Jul 2, 2017
Post-doctoral Research Associate and Non-Tenured Faculty
The International Institute for Carbon-Neutral Energy Research (I2CNER) at Kyushu University, Japan is actively seeking outstanding candidates for post-doctoral research associate and non-tenured faculty positions
The International Institute for Carbon-Neutral Energy Research (I2CNER) is one of the World Premier International Research Center Initiative (WPI) Institutes of Japan supported by the Ministry for Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT). Faculty members and researchers associated with I2CNER are dedicated to the Institute’s mission to contribute to the advancement of low carbon emission and cost effective energy systems, and improvement of energy efficiency. The array of technologies that I2CNER’s research aims to enable includes Solid Oxide Fuel Cells, Polymer Membrane based fuel cells, biomimetic and other novel catalyst concepts, and production, storage, and utilization of hydrogen as a fuel. Our research also explores the underlying science of CO2 capture and storage technology or the conversion of CO2 to a useful product. Additionally, it is our mission to establish an international academic environment that fosters innovation through collaboration and interdisciplinary research (fusion). I2CNER is located on the Ito Campus of Kyushu University, which houses extensive state-of-the-art experimental and computational facilities.
Qualifications & Current Openings
I2CNER is seeking post-doctoral research associates or non-tenured faculty with experimental and/or computational expertise in:
- Molecular Photoconversion Devices
- Electrochemical Energy Conversion
- Hydrogen Materials Compatibility (Mechanics/materials, fatigue and fracture)
- Thermal Science and Engineering (Thermophysical properties, heat and mass transfer, combustion science for highly efficient energy utilization)
- Catalytic Materials Transformations
- CO2 Capture and Utilization (Fundamental chemistry and material science issues underlying molecular capture/separation)
- CO2 Storage (Geologic or sub-seabed)
- Energy Analysis
- Energy Problems for Social, Economic, Legal, and Political Sciences
- Computational and data-driven science to accelerate materials discovery and development
- Mathematics of data analysis and management of the smart grid
Post-doctoral research associates and non-tenured faculty will join research groups related to their field of expertise and education. A particular emphasis will be placed on candidates capable of carrying out interdisciplinary research and interacting with researchers across the boundaries of the Institute’s thematic research clusters.
Required Application Materials*
- Cover letter
- Application form (located on website)
- Curriculum vitae which details research experience and interests
- Research proposal (please use the template from the website)
- List of publications (please provide separate lists for refereed journals and conference proceedings)
- Names and contact information of four references
*All materials must be submitted in English.
Salary & Starting Date
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The starting date will be as soon as possible after the closing date.
• July 31, 2017, 17:00 (Japan)
• Interviews may take place prior to closing date; however, no final decisions will be made until after this time.
Please email your application materials via email attachment to: email@example.com
Please contact the I2CNER Administrative Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Institute for Carbon-Neutral Energy Research (I2CNER)
744 Motooka, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka
Postal Code 819-0395, JAPAN
TEL: +81-(0)92-802-6932 FAX: +81-(0)92-802-6939
FOR MORE INFORMATION http://i2cner.kyushu-u.ac.jp/en/recruit/recruit.php
More search results
Sales & BD Mgrs/Directors/VPs in Building Blocks,…
PharmaBlock Sciences (Nanjing), Inc.
Group Leader/Principal Scientist - Surface and Po…
Saint-Gobain Innovative Materials
Director of Process Engineering Research; Chemica…
Cambrex High Point
Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Targeted Drug De…
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine