Passionate about teaching chemistry? The Harbour School, an international school located in Hong Kong, is looking for a dynamic, energetic, enthusiastic educator to teach at our rapidly growing high school. Our innovative, progressive international school provides an exciting learning environment for all its students (preK-12). The learning community at THS encompasses an integrated curriculum that allows all students to learn in a collaborative environment while providing for the individual needs of each learner. This approach offers THS students a high degree of flexibility in pursuing academic studies, developing their own talents, achieving personal growth and developing 21st century skills.
THS faculty are dedicated to providing high quality curriculum and programming through professional development, sharing best practices, small group learning, and utilization of the many resources at THS. These resources include:
- Black Dolphin, a 50 ketch utilized by all students for outdoor sailing adventures tied to curriculum
- The Foundry, our Maker-Space providing project design experiences for all ages in art, technology, and engineering
- Science Lab dedicated to engaging students in hands-on science laboratory experiences
- Wet Lab, a state-of-the-art facility designed to provide all THS students with a deep understanding of marine science
- Mastery and passion about teaching chemistry (BA or BS or Masters or Ph.D. level degree in Chemistry or Physics or related discipline required)
- Ability to teach physics a plus.
- Minimum 2 years high school teaching experience.
- Experience with innovative teaching strategies utilizing varying techniques in the classroom (instructional technology, POGIL, simulation labs, inquiry investigations, real world case studies, integration with other curricular areas)
- Flexibility to work in a diverse, collegial environment, sharing ideas and resources with other educators
- Excellent classroom management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate with students, parents, and colleagues in a positive, professional manner
- Interested in developing investigative science projects that encourage critical thinking and drive student learning
- Willingness to adapt to the ever-changing needs of a growing school
- Demonstrate ability to serve as an advisor to students and contribute beyond the classroom to support student activities and school programs
We encourage you to check out The Harbour School, Hong Kong at: http://www.ths.edu.hk/high-school.
More search results
Sales & BD Mgrs/Directors/VPs in Building Blocks,…
PharmaBlock Sciences (Nanjing), Inc.
Group Leader/Principal Scientist - Surface and Po…
Saint-Gobain Innovative Materials
Director of Process Engineering Research; Chemica…
Cambrex High Point
Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Targeted Drug De…
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine