Chemist (K0231146) in the Kansas Health and Environmental Laboratories
KS Dept of Health and Environment is seeking a dynamic, vibrant and career oriented chemist to perform organic analytical testing including GC and GCMS. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a Natural Science field with a minimum of 25 hours chemistry. Located in Topeka. Specific method training will be provided.
There are over 1000 public water supplies that utilize the KDHE Laboratory for compliance monitoring. This position specifically analyzes samples from these systems for Safe Drinking Water compliance monitoring. In addition, this position analyzes samples to determine overall water quality to bodies of water throughout the State of Kansas in compliance with the Federal Clean Water Act. This position performs organic analysis typically by GC and GC-MS.
A complete position description can be emailed upon request.
Bachelor's degree in a Natural Science field with a minimum of 25 hours chemistry and six months of experience in chemistry. Experience in the natural science field may be substituted for the required education as determined relevant by the agency.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry
• Experience in environmental inorganic and organic compound analysis, especially pesticides and anions, and skilled in using chromatographic procedures such as ion and gas chromatography with detectors such as electron capture, nitrogen/phosphorus and conductivity.
• Operation of Gas Chromatographs
• Operation of Ion Chromatographs
• Operation of TOC Analyzers
• Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
• Proofreading, editing, attention to detail
More search results
Sales & BD Mgrs/Directors/VPs in Building Blocks,…
PharmaBlock Sciences (Nanjing), Inc.
Group Leader/Principal Scientist - Surface and Po…
Saint-Gobain Innovative Materials
Director of Process Engineering Research; Chemica…
Cambrex High Point
Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Targeted Drug De…
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine