UES, Inc. is seeking an entry level Scientist in the area of Synthesis of Organic Functional Materials, to be served at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH.
The Research Scientist will be an active and collaborative member of the Soft Matter Material Branch within the Materials and Manufacturing Directorate of the Air Force Research Laboratory. AFRL has a multidisciplinary team of chemists, physicists, materials scientists, and chemical engineers developing new materials and concepts for defense-related applications.
The immediate research project will focus on the synthesis and characterization of organic, polymeric and hybrid materials for flexible hybrid electronics, additive manufacturing, and/or bio-sensing applications of interest to the research team and the larger Air Force.
Independence, creativity, excellent oral & written communication skills, and an ability to work effectively as part of an inter-disciplinary team are essential. Successful candidates will have 0-3 years of relevant experience after completion of their highest degree.
• Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Materials Science or related field of study is required
• Experience in synthesis and characterization of small functional organic molecules and polymers and/or functional nanomaterials is required
• Proficiency in the requisite materials characterization techniques, e.g. NMR, FT-IR, UV-Vis absorption/fluorescence, chromatography, mass spectrometry, SEC, DSC, TGA, SEM, TEM, AFM (not all required)
• This position is working within a government facility and requires U.S. Citizenship
Technical Experience Preferred:
• Nanocellulose-related functional materials
• Controlled polymerization techniques
• Patterned polymer brushes on flexible substrates
• Direct write ink synthesis and formulation
UES, Inc. is an innovative science and technology company providing customers with superior research and development expertise since its inception in 1973. Our long-term success is a direct result of a strong commitment to the success of our employees. We look forward to reviewing your application.
UES is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state and local laws.
More search results
Sales & BD Mgrs/Directors/VPs in Building Blocks,…
PharmaBlock Sciences (Nanjing), Inc.
Group Leader/Principal Scientist - Surface and Po…
Saint-Gobain Innovative Materials
Director of Process Engineering Research; Chemica…
Cambrex High Point
Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Targeted Drug De…
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine