- Professor in Chemical and Biochemical Engineering: Polymer Technology
- Chemical and Biochemical Engineering Department, Technical University of Denmark
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Aug 6, 2017
Professor in Chemical and Biochemical Engineering: Polymer Technology
Technical University of Denmark (DTU) invites applications for the above professor position created to support the further development of Polymer Chemistry, Physics and Technology at the Chemical and Biochemical Engineering Department.
Responsibilities and tasks
The professor is aimed at further strengthening the department’s position in polymers. The professor is expected to be able to attract significant external research funding through both Danish and international research programmes and through cooperation with industrial companies.
The teaching will cover experimental and theoretical Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, and PhD level courses in the core fields of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering as well as within materials and polymers.
The successful candidate is expected to take a lead position in teaching at the BSc, MSc, and PhD levels.
Close cooperation with other research groups at the department and at other departments at DTU working in fields related to the position is also a priority.
The successful applicant should have a background in Chemical Engineering and a strong internationally documented expertise in polymer chemistry, physics and/or technology, with applications for designing, producing and testing polymer materials and/or polymer-based formulations for improved and novel products.
The applicant should meet the following criteria for appointment:
- A high level of original scientific production at international level which has contributed to further development of the subject areas in question.
- Documented and successful teaching, including development and planning of courses and experience in project supervision at all levels covered by the study programmes at DTU
- Documented experience in research proposal development, research leadership, including management of large research projects, seminars, conferences etc.
- Documented experience with innovation.
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to
- the ability to teach
- scientific production at international level, research potential and ability to lead and develop a research team
- the ability to promote and utilize research results
- experience with innovation activities
- an all-round experience basis, including international experience
- the ability to contribute to the development of internal and external cooperation
- track record in attracting funding to the research area
- visions within the research area
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Department, Professor Kim Dam-Johansen, tel.: +45 4525 2845, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can read more about DTU Chemical Engineering on www.kt.dtu.dk/english.
Please submit your online application no later than 6 August 2017.
Apply online at www.career.dtu.dk.
Applications must be submitted as one pdf file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link ‘Apply online,’ fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one pdf file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter) addressed to the President
- A 5-year plan for research and ideas for developing teaching effort at DTU, including e-learning
- Documentation for teaching experience (e.g. in the form of a teaching portfolio)
- List of publications indicating scientific highlights
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. Our staff of 5,800 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society; and our 10,600 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government, and public agencies.
More search results
Sales & BD Mgrs/Directors/VPs in Building Blocks,…
PharmaBlock Sciences (Nanjing), Inc.
Group Leader/Principal Scientist - Surface and Po…
Saint-Gobain Innovative Materials
Director of Process Engineering Research; Chemica…
Cambrex High Point
Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Targeted Drug De…
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine