Bose is seeking a passionate and quick learning engineer to work with cross-functional teams to assure product environmental compliance. The engineer will be work on continuous Global Environmental Compliance (GEC) process improvements, provide support to material data management and resolve technical issues related to substance data and supplier information. The material data management database will assist product designers to select parts compliant to Restrictions of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directives, Registration, Evaluation, & Authorization of Chemicals (REACH), and many other ever-changing global environmental regulations.
- Work together with the rest of the GEC team and cross functional teams to assure that parts and products sourced and manufactured by Bose Corporation are compliant with global environmental regulations and customer requirements.
- Act independently while taking guidance and general direction from the manager.
- Resolve issues to upload and manage data in material database; ensure all open issues are driven to closure
- Create reports to identify product Bill of Material (BOM) compliance or non-compliance to specific regulations - analyze and summarize issues, engage with program teams for resolution
- Assist in resolving manufacturing, design and field problems related to regulatory compliance issues
- Perform product reviews and respond to inquiries with regard to product/part compliance.
- Track regulatory compliance and understand impact to Bose products.
- Ensure that compliance issues do not negatively affect product launch dates
Must have the following skills, abilities and knowledge:
- Experience in Product Environmental Compliance. Familiar with one or more of the following: RoHS, REACH, Battery Directive, Packaging directive or WEEE.
- Bill of materials(BOM) and data management experience (Windchill or SAP preferred)
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (Access or Java, a plus)
- Background in component materials
- Prior experience within Consumer Electronic Company and familiar with parts from CE products
- Familiar with collecting substance disclosure (Full Material Disclosure), a plus
- Personality that is adept to work with cross-functional teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and level of organization
- Ability to work under general direction
• Bachelor’s of Science in Materials or Chemical Engineering, or Material Science
• 3-7 years of related work experience
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company's pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf. Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeing@bose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
More search results
Sales & BD Mgrs/Directors/VPs in Building Blocks,…
PharmaBlock Sciences (Nanjing), Inc.
Group Leader/Principal Scientist - Surface and Po…
Saint-Gobain Innovative Materials
Director of Process Engineering Research; Chemica…
Cambrex High Point
Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Targeted Drug De…
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine