- Recovery Engineer – Crystallization (014815W-01)
- DuPont Industrial Biosciences
- Palo Alto, CA or Wilmington, DE
- Jul 21, 2017
Recovery Engineer – Crystallization (014815W-01)
The Recovery Group in Palo Alto is looking for a dynamic, highly trained bioprocess professional for downstream process development.
We are seeking an individual with expertise and interest in applying biochemistry and chemical engineering principles to develop scalable processes. Hands-on experience in purification and separation using crystallization at industrial scales is highly desired.
This individual will be an active participant in cross-functional R&D project teams, Global Supply initiatives, process engineering teams, and operational improvement teams. This person will be based in Palo Alto, CA or Wilmington, DE.
- Develop scalable recovery and purification processes of bioactives, proteins, and biochemicals.
- Process transfers from pilot to manufacture scale and support - through the product start-up phase.
- Troubleshoot ongoing production processes.
- Design, plan, execute, and analyze process experiments.
- Play key role in the development of scale-up/scale-down methodology of crystallization technology.
- Collaborate with process technicians, fermentation and formulation engineers, as well as Research and Global Supply organizations
- Prepare technical reports, data summaries, protocols and other technical and regulatory documentations
- Mentor junior members in the Recovery group on process development and scale up
- PhD in Biochemical, Chemical Engineering or relevant discipline with 0-3 years of industrial experience or BS/MS with equivalent experience.
- Expertise and hands on experience - in the use of crystallization for protein purification. Industrial scale experience is highly desired.
- Additional expertise and hands on separation experience desired: depth filtration, -- chromatography, and membrane based technology.
- Analytical, characterization techniques is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player and mentor.
- Self starter with good organizational skills and leadership potential
- Some travel required
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify employer