Visiting Assistant Professor of Chemistry
The Department of Chemistry at Linfield College (www.linfield.edu/chem) invites applications for a one-year visiting faculty position in the area of analytical, inorganic, or physical chemistry at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning in the Fall Semester 2017 with possibility of renewal. The incumbent will teach general chemistry lectures and laboratories, and upper division courses as needed. Among the preferred qualifications for appointment is the Ph. D. degree (in hand or awarded by September 2017) in Chemistry with an emphasis in Chemical Education, Analytical, Inorganic, or Physical Chemistry. Candidates must demonstrate interest and potential excellence in undergraduate teaching. Successful teaching experience at the college level is desirable. M.S. with extensive teaching experience at the college level will be considered.
Salary commensurate with qualifications, experience, and salary scale.
Submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, and unofficial transcripts** in PDF format via our online application webpage: https://linfieldfaculty.applicantpool.com/jobs/.
**Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work must be sent by the registrars of the institutions attended upon offer of employment.
Three letters of reference are required. References may email letters of recommendation in PDF format using the subject line heading, Letter of Reference Visiting Assistant Professor of Chemistry_Candidate's Last Name, to Barbara Burr, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Senior HR Generalist, email@example.com.
Evaluation of applicants will begin July 7, 2017; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Teach lecture and laboratory sections of science majors' courses in general chemistry, writing in chemistry and analytical chemistry, or physical chemistry, as needed.
- Collaborate with other members of the Chemistry Department in the delivery of the Chemistry major.
- Other duties as assigned by Department Chair.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, or M.S. with extensive college teaching experience. Area of emphasis in Analytical Chemistry or Physical Chemistry awarded by September 2017.
- College teaching experience, including lecture and laboratory instruction beyond the teaching assistant level, is strongly preferred. Experience with POGIL is desirable.
- Strong commitment to teaching at the undergraduate level.
- Demonstration of commitment to continual improvement of lecture and lab courses.
- Ability to relate well to colleagues, students, and staff in a small college.
We Value Diversity: Linfield College is actively engaged in promoting, advancing, and confirming our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a diverse and vibrant Linfield contributes to academic excellence and critical thinking. We welcome applicants who bring a diversity of identity, culture, experience, perspective, and thought. All candidates are encouraged to address how their professional and lived experience, scholarship, teaching, mentorship, and/or service will build on our diversity and inclusion efforts.