Rollins College is seeking an Electronics/Laboratory Technician to ensure the successful operation of our teaching laboratories and support of our research laboratories. This role requires the ability to provide installation and maintenance assistance (including set-up/break down) for scientific instrumentation in the Bush Science Center. In addition, the assistant provides services in the building of circuitry and maintenance of mechanical devices used in the laboratories.
- Minimum high school diploma; college-level science and mathematics courses preferred
- Experience with analog/digital equipment and electrochemical-optical instrumentation
- Ability to read circuit schematics, technical drawings and instrument operation manuals
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and grammar and working knowledge of scientific terminology
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work effectively with multiple demands
- Ability to maintain and update files, logs, reports and correspondence
- Math skills sufficient to order supplies, process invoices, maintain budgets, etc.
- Working knowledge of both Apple and IBM platform software
- Experience with electronic circuitry and electrochemical/mechanical devices preferred
Rollins College is a comprehensive, liberal arts college located just north of Orlando, Florida,
a diverse metropolitan community with a thriving economic and cultural scene. Nearby, Orlando International Airport provides easy access to U.S. and international destinations. The College emphasizes innovative and quality teaching in small classes and ranks number one among 121 Southern master’s-level universities in the annual rankings of “America’s Best Colleges,” released by U.S. News & World Report. Please visit the College website at www.rollins.edu.
Rollins College offers a generous benefits package featuring comprehensive health coverage, retirement savings plan with generous employer contribution and full tuition waiver after one year for employees, spouses, domestic partners and dependents.
Interested candidates may apply online through the Rollins College employment website.
Apply link: http://jobs.rollins.edu/cw/en-us/job/492612/electronicslaboratory-technician
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are encouraged to apply.