Scientist/Sr. Scientist1, Medicinal Chemistry
Scientist/Sr. Scientist 1, Medicinal Chemistry
As a member of our Discovery division, you’ll be supporting research project teams with medicinal chemistry. This will include the design and synthesis of organic molecules to enable drug discovery.
Good things are happening at Omeros!
Come join our Discovery Group!
Who is Omeros?
Omeros is a Seattle-based biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing, and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market as well as orphan indications targeting inflammation, coagulopathies, and disorders of the central nervous system.
Derived from its proprietary PharmacoSurgery® platform, the company’s first drug product, Omidria® (phenylephrine and ketorolac injection) 1%/0.3%, has been approved by the FDA for use during cataract surgery or intraocular lens (IOL) replacement to maintain pupil size by preventing intraoperative miosis (pupil constriction) and to reduce postoperative ocular pain. In the European Union, the European Commission (EC) has approved Omidria® for use in cataract surgery and lens replacement procedures to maintain mydriasis (pupil dilation), prevent miosis (pupil constriction), and to reduce postoperative eye pain.
Omeros has five clinical-stage development programs focused on: complement-related thrombotic microangiopathies; Huntington’s disease, schizophrenia, and cognitive impairment; addictive and compulsive disorders; and preventing problems associated with urologic surgical procedures. In addition, Omeros has a proprietary GPCR platform, which is making available an unprecedented number of new GPCR drug targets and corresponding compounds to the pharmaceutical industry for drug development.
What are your job responsibilities?
- Designing and synthesizing potential drug candidate molecules
- Conducting complex air-and moisture-sensitive chemical reactions
- Characterizing organic compounds using routine methods (NMR, HPLC/MS, etc.)
- Understanding and applying DMPK and biological principals toward the design of small molecules as well as discussing and maintaining structure activity relationships of compounds
- Analyzing, preparing and presenting scientific results and data effectively as well as managing and archiving data
- Attending project meetings
- Effectively use chemical literature and chemistry related software
What experience and education do you need?
You’ll need to have a Ph.D., or equivalent, in organic chemistry with a minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Additionally, we are seeking candidates with the following experience:
- Industry experience in organic synthesis with the proven ability to design and synthesize novel compounds
- Experience with purification methods and characterization of compounds such as NMR and LCMS is required
- CNS experience is a plus
What skills does our ideal candidate have?
As our ideal candidate, you’ll need the following skills and knowledge:
- Excellent written, verbal and time managements skills, along with a team oriented and highly motivated demeanor
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and handle multiple priorities simultaneously is essential, as is the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with management, peers and subordinates
- Demonstrated proficiency in using MS Office applications is also required
If you have the skills, knowledge and experience we are looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
All interested applicants should apply at: Omeros.com, About Omeros, Careers. This will route you to our online applicant tracking system.
Omeros is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to email@example.com or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at (206) 676-5000.