GC/LC Development Chemist for the Wine Industry
5 days left
- Job Type
- Full time
ETS Laboratories is the worldwide leader in providing independent, ISO-accredited analytical services to the wine industry. We partner with the world’s greatest winemakers to provide them with innovative analytical tools of the highest quality and an unmatched expertise to support the art of winemaking.
Our St. Helena laboratory is located in the heart of the beautiful and renowned Napa Valley, providing wineries and suppliers with local access to the most technically advanced analytical methods that are vital to modern winemaking.
No experience in the wine industry is required.
- Performing method development, validation and documentation of GC and LC procedures as well as writing standard operating procedures
- Performing routine GC and LC analysis in a commercial laboratory serving the wine, beer, cider and spirits industries
- Overseeing quality system-compliant generation of GC and LC data
- Identifying instrument problems and performing advanced troubleshooting
- Transitioning and implementing new methods to the production laboratory platform
- Train analysts to execute analysis conforming to SOPs, to perform routine instrument maintenance, basic troubleshooting skills and good record keeping practices
- Participation in and promotion of continuous improvement efforts within the laboratory
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemistry or a related field
- 2 or more years experience in a production environment
- Experience with sample preparation and extraction techniques (SPE, SPME)
- Experience with chromatographic techniques and instrumentation (GC, GC/MS, GC/MS/MS, LC, LC/MS/MS)
- Experience working in an ISO 17025 environment preferred
- Experience with ChemStation and MassHunter software preferred
A qualified candidate will demonstrate:
- The ability to prioritize daily tasks and meet the demands of multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- Self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- The availability to work flexible schedules when required, especially during peak analytical seasons
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to handle client records and data according to strict privacy and confidentiality guidelines
Must be able to sit or stand for significant periods of time while performing a variety of tasks. Must be able to perform repetitive hand motions such as capping and uncapping tubes or sample containers. This position is open to non-smokers only due to sensitive sensory analyses performed in our laboratory.
- A competitive salary, based on experience
- A student loan repayment program
- Comprehensive employer-paid health and vision insurance
- 401k, FSA, and group life insurance
- Support for productivity and continued learning through conference attendance, training courses, and learning materials
- Offices near some of the world’s most beautiful vineyards