Duties and responsibilities include:
- Primary responsibility is to develop and improve state-of-the-art sensors for aqueous measurement in industrial water treatment.
- Perform chemical verification testing on all new and old sensor products.
- Perform patent research and documentation necessary for use by a patent attorney.
- Evaluate and advise the use of sensor and instrument materials for chemical compatibility when reference information is limited.
- Confer with scientist and engineers regarding research and prepare technical papers and reports.
- Apply principles of chemistry and biology to solve bio-sensing problems.
- Apply principles of physics and chemistry to solve electrochemical and optical sensing problems.
- Support manufacturing and test engineering in developing efficient manufacturing equipment and procedures.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Doctoral degree (PhD) with 0-10 years’ experience in product development preferred, Master’s degree with 5-15 years’ experience.
- Degree may be in chemistry, bio-chemistry or related field.
- History of progressive responsibility and delivery of results.